VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've never edit a video and I have ACDsee photo manager 2009. So should I use movie maker in Windows 7 or ACDsee photo manager 2009 and I don't even know if it will edit videos. I don't have a problem upgrading. I have 400 videos and I would like to combine them so I only have 100 videos. What would be the best way?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are they all same(same video frame size/resolution, aspect ratio, video codec, audio codec)? Identify the video properties with mediainfoxp. If so can you perhaps join without reconverting(no quality loss). Give us the video details for more help.

Or else must you reconvert with for example windows movie maker.
    Quote Quote  
  3. No, they aren't any of the things you mention. Different camera, time, ext. web cam, all from many years.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What do you mean by 'edit'? If you want to combine different types and formats of video together, that usually won't work. They have to be the same format.

So you may have to convert them to a common format if you want to combine.

I have ACDSEE and it's not a video editor. Windows Movie Maker will work to convert a few formats.

There isn't really a 'universal converter' for many formats. But you could try Any Video Converter Free or AVIDemux.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    But is it worth it? You will lose video quality and if they have different aspect ratios you have to crop/add black borders.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Cannot tell if there is any one dead simple method, just propose some that may work:

1) AviUtl.
    Use the File>Append function to join videos. The final video resolution will be the same as the first video imported.
    You can optionally turn on NNEDI deinterlacer(if some footage has obvious horizontal strip pattern) and resizers for adjustments.
    *Need VC2013 redistributable

2) FFmpeg
    https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/How%20to%20concatenate%20(join%2C%20merge)%20media%20file...differentcodec

Faster, if you don't mind working on the commandline.
    But no complex filter available (i.e. just a simple join)
    Also, I don't know what will happen if interlaced footage is mixed with progressive...

3) Avisynth+[Optional]AvsPMod+ <any encoder>
    Like AviUtl, but in a scripting form. Not recommended for newbie.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I think I can combined the ones that are alike together. For many months I will have one kind of video which can be combined and over the years I might have a dozen videos that aren't the same but that don't matter because I will just combined the ones that are alike which means they will be in the same time frame with the same camera. I'm just making this harder than it should be. So would movie maker be my best bet?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!