VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

Is it possible to extract a stream out of silverlight? I tried wireshark and other type of programs, but they seem to be unable to get my NIC correct. Only program really working was wireshark, but i couldn't find the stream in the dev page. I would like to extract the stream so i can put it on my xvmc live tv stream.

Belgian this one uses silverlight.
    http://yelotv.be/

These i had to install some other codec, that i can't remember, but i can't really access because i'm not a member to even start the streams. But it would be interesting for other European countries.

Holland
    https://www.horizon.tv/nl_nl/tv-kijken.html

German
    https://www.horizon.tv/de_de/live-sender.html

Swiss
    https://www.horizon.tv/de_ch/live-sender.html

Polish
    https://www.horizon.tv/pl_pl/ogladaj-tv.html

Irish
    https://www.horizon.tv/en_ie/live-channels.html

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    To be blunt, I really could not care even a little about your problem and I'm really tired of all the people who keep joining us only to ask how to download something. But to give you a useful answer, you should be aware that one of the reasons that Silverlight is used is that it supports a fiendishly effective form of encryption where the video and audio are encrypted separately. The only way I know of to get such encrypted streams is to use a streaming media capture program like Replay Video Capture. But don't worry. We have members here who do care more than they should (in my opinion) about helping every person on earth capture every possible stream they have problems with, so if your streams aren't encrypted, one of them will be along soon to help you. But if they are encrypted, well, now you know why you are having problems.
    Quote Quote  
  3. FreeFighter, if you can, ignore jman98's opening rant, since it certainly doesn't reflect the vast numbers of folks on VideoHelp who don't think this site should be named "InsultOrPontificateThenVideoHelp."

The useful part of his answer begins at "But," with a few other snide comments thrown in for some reason.

Maybe he's off his meds again . . . . .
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member Emeritus
    Search PM
    I suppose one can never really know what is going to really bother some people. You wouldn't think that it would be people asking for help, and other people helping them. But in randian philosophy, this is the worst evil that there is or could possibly be, and randian views are quite in vogue nowadays. For my own self, gratuitous meanness is much much worse, but that is just me.

My guess would be that most members here "keep joining only to ask" (for help).
    Quote Quote  
  5. I think Jman was a bit upset because the Original Poster's question has been asked many times before and the OP probably didn't do a search.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Actually it's because we get THOUSANDS of requests "How do I download a file from X" and it gets tiresome. We get tons of one post wonders join us for help to download one video and they contribute nothing the community here because they go away and never come back. Maybe I should just not let it bother me. The mods feel that all these requests for website download help have some kind of value. Maybe it's not the request so much as the traffic they generate.

The biggest thread we have here is over 2500 posts right now and climbing and mostly it consists of "Help me to download this video. Here's the link." requests.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Another new forum member scared off because some people have anger management issues. If you have an urge to be
    abusive, then just shut up and let someone help. Be part of the solution, not the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's actually quite common on good forums like this one to weed out idiots by flaming them. Then they hopefully go to idiot forums where they belong and can happily deal out bad advice to users even less knowledgeable than they are. Deal with it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Dougster View Post
    Another new forum member scared off because some people have anger management issues.
    Actually, a lot of good stuff has emerged from the occasional 'argumentum ad cellarium' method of introduction.
    Sometimes, they even return to gloat how they managed to find the answer by themselves, driving esteemed member's nuts!
    Last edited by transporterfan; 27th Jun 2014 at 14:23.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    I'm not scared off that easily... Thanks for the suggestion jman98 i'll look into it.

As for the rants against new people;
    Why not make some type of tutorial and sticky them onto the "extract video" forums. That way a noob like me doesn't have to weed through all the threads to basically find what program would be useful for this or that type of website with a built in player. I did go through several threads before posting. They were a couple years old, i thought there would have been an easier way to get to the streams. Like jman suggested using that program i will try and see if it works for the first site i posted.

For the other websites, does one actually have to be a member of that website in order to be able to capture the streams?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I disagree. What should have done is this: point them to an existing or past thread that best covers the question and
    leave it at that. Todays low information newbie could someday become (maybe) somewhat of an expert on a particular
    subject in the future. I'm an educator, and if I behaved like that I would be out of a job. When the first reaction to a
    question posed to a forum is disrespect, that tells me a lot about the character of the forum member who is the first to
    respond. It gives this forum a bad name. In other words, we would all be better off if we keep our attitudes in check.

Edit- Sorry FreeFighter, you beat me to it. I'm glad you found some answers and welcome to the forum.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks Dougster.

From what i understood is that Replay Video Capture only shows the video on a windows PC through that program. What i was actually looking for is a way to actually find the stream within the website to be able to put it in xbmc. Like you would find a rtmp file, so you would be able to make a m3u playlist. To transfer to my android mx box, which plays xbmc. From xbmc i would be able to live stream them onto my tv instead of an ipad iphone pc/mac or android tablet/phone.
    Quote Quote  
  13. All the sites you linked to are login-only, not direct stream links. All but the first use a plugin ( Google 'Widevine) for de-encrypted delivery. I am not sure you can bypass either of those barriers. In other words, even if you had a link to the direct stream you would need to watch it on a player capable of decrypting said stream...but jman98 already said that,
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!