VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. a layman's/ end user's question ..

What's the difference between the releases '720p BluRay' and '720Pad BluRay'? Is the latter the iTunes version and is it in any way inferior to the regular '720p' one?

many thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. wild guessing: (never heard of such a naming,...)
    '720p Bluray' = 1280x.... with no black borders
    '720Pad BluRay' = 1280x720 with black borders padded if needed to reach the resolution
    Quote Quote  
  3. It appears to be a designation made up by torrent pirates to give a false impression of quality.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    wild guessing: (never heard of such a naming,...)
    '720p Bluray' = 1280x.... with no black borders
    '720Pad BluRay' = 1280x720 with black borders padded if needed to reach the resolution
    hahaa
    Padding would be a big NO NO for pirates! They're very conscious about file sizes!
    I've seen that tag before, Not all h264 profiles will play on an iPad . And its not necessary that it would be able to play all types of semi HD or full HD videos

You may check this link
    http://support.apple.com/kb/sp580

TV and video

Support for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter; 576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable; 576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable
    H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
    This is about the iPad. However an iPad Air can play almost anything.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!