VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tape HD video for office party. I want to add the production team's logo animation in the beginning of video with powerful. Most pre-set text effect in video editing software do not meet my requirement. Just wondering what software I need to create a 5-seconds dynamic logo animation in the beginning of video ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Considered using a photo slide show like Proshow Producer?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have proshow, does it just photo slideshow software ?
    Do you mean to prepare the animated effect with audio by ProShow and output it to a HD video file, merged to my video then ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Proshow comes with Gold or Producer. They have various text effect you could use. And yes. Use it to produce your 5 sec and put it in front of your video.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    These days, I'm creating the logo in Illustrator or Photoshop, then animating it in After Effects or BluffTitler, then edit as any piece of video with alpha in a good NLE.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    These days, I'm creating the logo in Illustrator or Photoshop, then animating it in After Effects or BluffTitler, then edit as any piece of video with alpha in a good NLE.

Scott
    Agreed and you can do it with 100% free tools:
    Create logo with Inkscape, Gimp or Paint.Net. Animate and edit it all in Aviutl.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by AAC View Post
    I tape HD video for office party. I want to add the production team's logo animation in the beginning of video with powerful. Most pre-set text effect in video editing software do not meet my requirement. Just wondering what software I need to create a 5-seconds dynamic logo animation in the beginning of video ?
    Describe more clearly what you had in mind by "dynamic logo animation". What kind of animation? Can you post a link to some other videos on youtube that have a similar effect to what you want ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AAC View Post
    I tape HD video for office party. I want to add the production team's logo animation in the beginning of video with powerful.
    A word of advice, be very careful what you put in your "office party" video, or you may be out of a job. I don't know how uptight people up there in Canada, but here in the US you're in trouble if just one person is offended. That's probably why they never ask me to do any "work videos".

Maybe things are a little more loose up there in Canada, what with crack smoking mayors and all.....
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @Racer-X, nobody said anything in the OP about requiring "free" tools. Yes, you can do SOME great things with free tools. Some things you CANNOT do, some things you can do but in a time-consuming or circuitous way. I, for one, would NOT relish the idea of doing a whole bunch of network-style 3D swoop in with semi-transparent shining custom designs, all at highest rez, using the tools you mentioned.

Since the OP was wanting something "more advanced" than simple credits/presets/text effects, and particularly mentioned "logo" and "animation", I think it quite appropriate to mention that there are other, more heavy-duty & flexible ways of creating. Even if they cost more. And who's to say they OP doesn't already have one or more of those apps available to them.

I guess it all depends on what the OP really wants, and is capable of handling, and has the time & budget for...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it might help to know what video tools the op has? some editors like vegas pro can do some fairly nice animated 3d titling. harder to learn/use but it's in there.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is also blender......oh wait, that's free also. Will I never learn?

All kidding aside, There is a large selection of s/w that can easily handle what the OP wants in both paid and free. The real question is creativity and ability to learn and execute.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I had thought of Blender, but didn't suggest it because of the learning curve, which is much greater than for those other apps I mentioned, even including AE and Illustrator.

Still waiting on the OP to chime in.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes blender is very hard to learn, it fried a few brain cells on many occasions. I mostly only used it to create some 3-D baseballs and bats with logos. I taught myself to use it by opening existing projects to see how it all works. Here is an example I used early on to learn on. I modified a few features:
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  14. Since the OP did not describe exactly what kind of effect he/she wants, it is difficult to comment and we can't even know what the OP has in mind is really some advance and complicated effect. (We don't even know what he has tried!)

AE and Vegas are so famous that I assume he has heard about them and tried one of them.

If he has tried them and say "not advance enough", then I'd suspect that it is the OP's inability to synthesize the effect he wants.(I guess he want a preset, everything set up and ready-to-use thing.)

@racer-x: I 'd not recommend Blender either, too keyboard-dependent and a near-vertical learning curve ...

@Cornucpoia: do not under-estimate freewares nowadays. What commercial-wares have advantage now are usually pre-installed art, templates and documentations, not program features(except a few).
    Quote Quote  
  15. Unless you're providing motion graphics services - you usually don't want an overpowering, visually stunning logo animation for your intro - as it will tend to reduce the percieved quality what you're actually delivering .

"Wow, nice animation, but shitty office party footage"
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Agree with poisondeathray. I am currently learning to work with a number of software packages to produce 3D animated and still images. I am finding that sometimes simple is better. For example, I extruded our church logo (just for fun) and used a lighting kit and the results are quite good. The final result is not animated, but still works well.

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for all advice.
    What I need are shinning 3D text and company logo flying in, flashing like most Power Point files do. I'm using APE to edit video and going to get Premiere Pro in next two weeks to advance my editing. Do I need to get After Effect to work with Premiere Pro ? It will be nice to have less complicate and inexpensive software to create animated text title for a birthday party in the office.
    So happen I search the web and found Aurora product http://www.presentation-3d.com/products/maker-3d.html Do you guys recommend Aurora ?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, you do not need to get After Effects to work with Premiere Pro. Premiere Pro is used for advanced editing and After Effects is used for advanced compositing and motion graphics.

If what you want to do is relatively simple and will remain so, then After Effects may be overkill. BluffTitler is a decent piece of software and can do some very good effects. The learning curve is not that steep and there are projects that can be purchased that may already do what you want to do. And BluffTitler can do shiny 3D text and company logo.

I have the Aurora product also but have very little experience using it. Perhaps others can give you more info about it.

Brainiac
    Last edited by Brainiac; 3rd Jul 2014 at 15:33. Reason: added more info
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!