VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    It looks like the only thing you changed was "border=true"? Tried the script but it kept crashing. I can't use QTGMC anyway as it's too slow. Do you have an alternative script please?
    How many CPU cores do you have?
    QTGMC is definitely slow, but I workaround it by running more than one encode simultaneously. It's still slow, but at least it's not one at a time slow.
    Of I'm only running one encode, I make a copy of the script and add Trim() so each script is encoding half the video, run them at the same time, then append the encodes.

Of course if you're running an MT version of Avisynth your CPU might already be fairly busy. I don't, because I could never get the MT Avisynth 100% stable and if the encode was going to stop prematurely, it always seemed to happen when I wasn't using the computer myself, so I'd return expecting 10 hours of encoding to have completed only to discover I had more like ten minutes worth.

I'm pretty sure I was experiencing some oddness at one stage (green frames and programs not being able to open DirectShow scripts) which I'm fairly sure was due to a couple of dlls in the Windows system32 folder. fftw3.dll and libfftw3f-3.dll, if memory serves. I don't know where the versions I was using came from, but when I replaced them with the ones supplied with the 16bit dfttest, that seemed to fix it, so if you have those dlls in a Windows folder.....
    Quote Quote  
  2. Could you please send me the 16bit dfttest you have so I know I have the correct one.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I checked to make sure and I appear to be using the same plugin versions as those linked to in the Dither doom9 thread. The same applies to mvtools 2.6.0.5
    Quote Quote  
  4. OK you said you replaced the following files in SysWoW64 with the ones in 16bit dfttest:

libfftw3f-3.dll
    fftw3.dll

However I can only see the following file in DftTest: libfftw3f-3. Where did you get the fftw3.dll from?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I give up trying to denoise the Le Mans Clip. The script with QTGMC Ultra Fast has worse banding (Pixellation) than if I only used DegrainMedian. Also QTGMC on Ultra Fast is only about 8 fps so it's too slow to use on HD footage especially for a 21 hour video!

Can anyone help me try to remove the junk from the wall in the soap clip in the original post please. If you have any thoughts on what I mentioned there then please let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by VideoFanatic View Post
    OK you said you replaced the following files in SysWoW64 with the ones in 16bit dfttest:

libfftw3f-3.dll
    fftw3.dll

However I can only see the following file in DftTest: libfftw3f-3. Where did you get the fftw3.dll from?
    I forgot about that. They're the same file with a different name. One plugin needs libfftw3f-3.dll, but also requires it to be named fftw3.dll, so it's just a matter of copying libfftw3f-3.dll and renaming it.

The penny dropped..... so I checked and according to the fft3dfilter help file, it's the plugin which requires fftw3.dll. There's a download link for it in the help file.

I can't remember how I learned fftw3.dll and libfftw3f-3.dll are the same file (the link in the help file would no doubt be for a different, non 16 bit version) but I'm sure that's correct. I checked the files in my system32 folder and they're definitely the same. Maybe that's why I was having a few problems at one stage. I had both dlls in the system32 folder but chances are libfftw3f-3.dll was the 16 bit version while fftw3.dll wasn't. Or maybe that's got absolutely nothing to do with it. I have no idea.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 8th Jul 2014 at 13:21.
    Quote Quote  
  7. To be honest my go-to filter for removing the junk on the wall would be QTGMC. It probably wouldn't remove it completely, but it should stabalise it. Although I've only used QTGMC for that sort of noise on progressive video, so maybe if it's de-interlacing too it won't clean it up as much.
    The only other script I've used which I think can potentially do a slightly better noise removal job than QTGMC would be Temporal_Degrain. It doesn't "stabalise" like QTGMC does... it doesn't fix de-interlacing artefacts or shimmering as well.... but it does a good job of removing noise. I haven't used it in quite a while but I think it's default settings remove a similar amount of noise as QTGMC's EzDenoise=6, so you might need to play with it's options.
    Or there's MCTemporalDenoise, which if memory serves me correctly (it's been a long time) doesn't remove a huge amount of noise with it's default settings and it may need it's sharpening tamed down a little, but it seems to be a popular script.

I don't have any better ideas and chances are they won't be any faster than QTGMC anyway. In fact I remember TemporalDegrain being a few fractions of a fps slower.
    Quote Quote  
  8. VideoFanatic,
    If you're still around I discovered where I learned libfftw3f-3.dll and FFTW3.dll are the same file. It's mentioned in the QTGMC script and QTGMC help file under "Additional plugins".

"For FFT3DFilter and ddftest you also need the FFTW3 library (main page / windows zips). On Windows the file needed for both is libfftw3f-3.dll. However for FFT3DFilter, it needs to be called FFTW3.dll, so you will need two copies and rename one. On Windows put the files in your System32 or SysWow64 folder (which depends on your OS and the version of AviSynth that you're running)"
    Quote Quote  
  9. Btw. instead of putting them inside a system folder these dlls could also be loaded using LoadDll from tsp.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Selur View Post
    Btw. instead of putting them inside a system folder these dlls could also be loaded using LoadDll from tsp.
    I'm happy with putting them in the system32 folder at the moment, but I've downloaded the plugin in case it comes in handy in the future.
    Cheers.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!