VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys.

I need to know what service exists or how I can construct a livestream/webcast with little delay?

I ask because my near future goal is to be able to take that low-latency livestream and with the help of a group chat/talk plugin, pipe in audio from online participants simulating the effect of a live classroom experience regardless of your location.

Right now work for a small startup that offers adult education classes to finance and accounting professionals. 50% of our class are outside of our brick and mortar setting. We use UStream as our content delivery service. It's great service but the 25-30 delay in video transmission is beginning to annoy me especially after what I am attempting to develop with a more "interactive" experience for our online students.

Again, how to I get to/build/construct a low-latency setup?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds to me like you might look into a teleconferencing service. There are many companies that can provide solutions
    including (maybe) your ISP provider. I work part time at a community college and we use a local ISP provider and the
    service is great and latency is virtually non-existent.

Its hard to make any specific recommendations because a lot depends on your Internet provider and how reliable their
    service is.

Hope this helps you.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!