VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a few PAL DVD's I ripped and I forget what to use in AVISynth to slow it properly from 25fps to 23.976.

Was it AssumeFPS and SRestore? Doesnt SRestore take frames out of the video? I want to keep all the footage if possible.

Whats the best way to slow the footage to 23.976fps without removing several frames if possible? I dont mind removing some frames if it looks better than blending.
    Last edited by killerteengohan; 23rd Jun 2014 at 22:02.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AssumeFPS, then slow down the audio.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post
    AssumeFPS, then slow down the audio.
    AssumeFPS is not working right on its own. Its making the length of the video from 22 minutes to 55 minutes and its not 55 minutes long.

For some reason its always doubling the length of the output video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AssumeFPS does nothing but change a single number. It doesn't change the number of frames or their consistencies. If the original video is 25fps and you add AssumeFPS("ntsc_film") the change in play length should be minimal.

It shouldn't matter but make sure you convert it to progressive first. Make sure you're not bobbing the video either.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post
    AssumeFPS does nothing but change a single number. It doesn't change the number of frames or their consistencies. If the original video is 25fps and you add AssumeFPS("ntsc_film") the change in play length should be minimal.

It shouldn't matter but make sure you convert it to progressive first. Make sure you're not bobbing the video either.

The frame count is the same but the overall length of the video keeps becoming too long by several minutes. its now 27:35 in length instead of 22:05. Is that the proper length after a small slowdown? Sure seems like alot of minutes. The Audio after being slowed went to 23:01
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Post the MediaInfo output of the source file and your complete script.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!