VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi.

I was looking one media player that can do the following:

01. Play all 2d and 3d movie files like m2ts, mkv(Even 3d side by side or top - bottom), bd-iso, ts e.t.c.
    02. Play FULL BLURAY MENU and not the lite that has many media players of one complete bluray movie rip into one bd-iso file
    03. All sounds like dts-hd, dts, truehd, ac3 and can downconvert it into simle stereo for a 3dtv or simple tv
    04. It has ethernet port so i can stream movie files e.t.c. from my windows7 laptop without dlna program

I want to cost 200 dollars even it is used.
    Last edited by fits79; 26th Jun 2014 at 18:43.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    There's a few blu-ray players that can do what you want except for playing iso files and you still need a program to stream to your tv,look for a western digital media player or similar,not many if any support blu-ray iso playback.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The Dune HD Smart D1 Network Media Player is the only media player I have heard of that may meet your requirements for Blu-Ray ISO playback. It is not within your budget.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    There's a few blu-ray players that can do what you want except for playing iso files and you still need a program to stream to your tv,look for a western digital media player or similar,not many if any support blu-ray iso playback.
    NO NO NO...
    any wd media player DOESN'T support full bluray menu.
    Already have the wd hd tv live gen3 and i was try all others wd media players so......
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Then give up your search for any media player for under $200.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A quick Google search brought up this: http://www.amazon.com/KDLINKS-HD720-Extreme-Internal-Built-In/dp/B00CHDSPSM/ref=cm_cd_...productDetails It seems to fit all your requirements with the caveat that it doesn't support Java BD menus.

It sounds interesting, has really good reviews and if I didn't have my Gen 3 WDTV would definitely consider it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search PM
    The bluray player pioneer bdp-150 or bdp-160 does it do that if i install it a custom firmware or with original firmware?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fits79 View Post
    The bluray player pioneer bdp-150 or bdp-160 does it do that if i install it a custom firmware or with original firmware?
    The custom firmware and hacks I have seen for these players only allows region-free playback. ...but updates may be needed to play new movies and those will make the player region locked again.

These Blu-Ray players do not play Blu-Ray ISOs stored on hard drives, USB sticks, or network shares.

Although Cinavia copy protection is uncommon, these Blu-Ray players like all Blu-Ray players released after 2011 will comply with Cinavia on Blu-Ray copies and will stop playback within 20 minutes or starting the movie.

Nothing I know of has all the features you want at the price you are willing to pay. The Popcorn Hour C-300 plays ISOs, but may or may not have full menu support. (The features description says "lite menu support". The product comparison chart says "full menu support".) The Popcorn Hour C-300 definitely does not play 3D movies.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Please this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd2GfXkFWDM

It is the pioneer bdp-150 with custom firmware that it allowed to do exactly the thing i want to play bd-iso files from hard disk or ethernet.
    Last edited by fits79; 27th Jun 2014 at 12:46.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fits79 View Post
    Pleasee this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yd2GfXkFWDM

It is the pioneer bdp-150 with custom firmware that it allowed to do exactly the thing i want to play bd-iso files from hard disk or ethernet.
    Using custom firmware still presents some problems. If you do not install updates from Pioneer, you may be unable play some new movies unless the provider of the firmware offers updates. If you install updates from Pioneer, you will loose the ability to play ISOs.

You need to find out which Pioneer firmware versions allow you to install the custom firmware. It is possible that if the Pioneer player comes with the wrong firmware version installed, installing the the custom firmware will be impossible.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 27th Jun 2014 at 12:45.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Maybe but this bluray player it has a LOOOOOOOONG time(From 28-10-2013) to bring new firmware from pioneer so.......
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!