VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. not sure if im posting this in the right place but I'm having a problem with my Ezcap capture card (not the cheap 8$ one). It's not recording audio at all.
    I'm trying to record with ArcSoft Showbiz (the software it came with)

I recorded a video of the problem too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1An52IAiyr4

im running windows 7 64 bit too.
    i also already tried re-installing the drivers and software but it's still not working.

if you need more information, just ask.

can someone please help me fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. '
    im running windows 7
    check your 'volume mixer',,
    lower right hand corner of screen
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Did you plug in your red and white RCA audio cables to the EzCap as pictured in the link below?
    http://www.ezcap.tv/usb-video-capture/ezcap116-capture-card
    If not(if you are using your computer's own sound card to record audio) then you DO have the cheap 8$ one, you just got ripped off for more than 8$.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Check > control panel > system > device manager ... check under "sound, video and game controllers" for

win7 64bit uses > usb audio device (generic win7 usbaudio.sys) for easycap60+ ... the original emp audio drivers are stable once installed but cumbersome to install ... you have to install them the long way round ... not via the installer or windows hardware driver update.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Did you plug in your red and white RCA audio cables to the EzCap as pictured in the link below?
    http://www.ezcap.tv/usb-video-capture/ezcap116-capture-card
    If not(if you are using your computer's own sound card to record audio) then you DO have the cheap 8$ one, you just got ripped off for more than 8$.
    yeah. that is the exact capture card im using. it's all plugged in fine but im not sure why it's not working
    Quote Quote  
  6. here's another update on what's going on with the capture card. I still need some help though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3q7yeGhwmY

Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    ^I actually use to have the one. It works good for the first days i had it but i wears out really fast. its not a good one.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by joewinko View Post
    here's another update on what's going on with the capture card. I still need some help though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3q7yeGhwmY

Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    ^I actually use to have the one. It works good for the first days i had it but i wears out really fast. its not a good one.
    The yellow triangle with the exclamation point means there is a problem with the audio drivers. Did you install the device drivers from the CD or the drivers from this page? http://www.ezcap.tv/ezcap116-drivers If you installed the drivers from the CD, try the drivers from the website instead. Download the drivers from the website. Take your PC offline and disable your security software and firewall temporarily. Uninstall the existing drivers, then install the ones you downloaded and reboot.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post

The yellow triangle with the exclamation point means there is a problem with the audio drivers. Did you install the device drivers from the CD or the drivers from this page? http://www.ezcap.tv/ezcap116-drivers If you installed the drivers from the CD, try the drivers from the website instead. Download the drivers from the website. Take your PC offline and disable your security software and firewall temporarily. Uninstall the existing drivers, then install the ones you downloaded and reboot.

i tried installing the drivers from the website too but the audio still isn't working.
    I forgot to mention this earlier, but i had the capture card for a year. the audio use to work and record fine before.
    Quote Quote  
  9. '
    i wanted you to check while your program is activated

activate the program,, get it on a station(channel) or playback,, whatever,,
    while
    that's doing that,,
    click on the speaker icon,, lower right hand corner of screen,,master volume box should pop up,,
    in that popup box,, click on the word/link "Mixer" ,,
    (another box will be shown)
    in this BOX, it will graphically inform you what is making sound at that given moment on your computer,,
    it should have an icon designating your capture device

IF IT DOESNT have an icon of your device,, your system is NOT recognizing it (big problem)

if it does show an icon,, take note if you can see the slider moving up and down demonstrating that indeed sound is being produced
    (smaller prob)

can you do that?
    Last edited by Atticus Draco; 24th Jun 2014 at 05:32.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by Atticus Draco View Post
    '
    i wanted you to check while your program is activated

activate the program,, get it on a station(channel) or playback,, whatever,,
    while
    that's doing that,,
    click on the speaker icon,, lower right hand corner of screen,,master volume box should pop up,,
    in that popup box,, click on the word/link "Mixer" ,,
    (another box will be shown)
    in this BOX, it will graphically inform you what is making sound at that given moment on your computer,,
    it should have an icon designating your capture device

IF IT DOESNT have an icon of your device,, your system is NOT recognizing it (big problem)

if it does show an icon,, take note if you can see the slider moving up and down demonstrating that indeed sound is being produced
    (smaller prob)

can you do that?
    i tried that and it dosen't have an icon for the device.

it broken or something?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is possible your device is broken, but it may be a driver problem or a Windows registry problem.

There is an official forum for the EzCap 116 maintained by ezcap.tv: http://www.ezcap.tv/forum/index.php?board=1.0 Unfortunately only registered members can read posts there.

Since you have the genuine device from ezcap.tv, it might be worth your time to join their forum and look at the threads reporting audio problems and fixes for audio problems. If you find a solution, please consider posting it here to help others who may find your thread at VideoHelp while looking for information.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 24th Jun 2014 at 22:28.
    Quote Quote  
  12. '
    it broken or something?
    Broke? I don't know if it's broke,, not enough info.
    Based on past experience,, I tend to think it's user error at this time.

RIGHT click on speaker icon (volume control), lower right hand screen.
    A box should pop up with listed selections,, choose 'Volume control options'
    The 'Volume control options' box will appear
    ENSURE the "checkbox" 'All devices current playing sound' IS CHECKED
    Denote what items are listed in the 'Sound devices: ' section
    CLOSE that box
    OPEN up the program 'VLC media player ' ( or comparable player,, THOUGH,, there's no reasonable excuse NOT to have VLC!)
    Input a video, preferably ONE that you haven't recently recorded from the capture device you're trying to checkup on. IN FACT, load a file THAT YOU didn't create and independent of your machine!
    Play the file,, while playing the file,, again, check the "sound mixer" as described in previous post and determine if it is first making s sound,, and if so, determine if it is listed and you do indeed see it graphically
    Quote Quote  
  13. Well, i tried joining the ezcaptv forums but they rejected my request even though i had the correct recipt number and everything.
    things aren't looking so good here

Originally Posted by Atticus Draco View Post
    '

Broke? I don't know if it's broke,, not enough info.
    Based on past experience,, I tend to think it's user error at this time.

RIGHT click on speaker icon (volume control), lower right hand screen.
    A box should pop up with listed selections,, choose 'Volume control options'
    The 'Volume control options' box will appear
    ENSURE the "checkbox" 'All devices current playing sound' IS CHECKED
    Denote what items are listed in the 'Sound devices: ' section
    CLOSE that box
    OPEN up the program 'VLC media player ' ( or comparable player,, THOUGH,, there's no reasonable excuse NOT to have VLC!)
    Input a video, preferably ONE that you haven't recently recorded from the capture device you're trying to checkup on. IN FACT, load a file THAT YOU didn't create and independent of your machine!
    Play the file,, while playing the file,, again, check the "sound mixer" as described in previous post and determine if it is first making s sound,, and if so, determine if it is listed and you do indeed see it graphically
    ^I tried that too, but i know for sure that its not recording the sound. i hear nothing when i try to capture it.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you remember post #4 from Bjs, he said this about the audio drivers: "you have to install them the long way round ... not via the installer or windows hardware driver update."

Bjs is saying the installer (Setup.exe or the MSI) may not have managed to install the audio driver, so you need to try manual installation. Have you tried that? If not, here is a tutorial. http://pcsupport.about.com/od/driverssupport/ss/update-drivers-windows-7-tutorial_3.htm Although the tutorial uses a different device you should be able to get the gist of it.

There are two ways to install manually. Installing from a location, like a folder on a CD or hard drive, or picking the driver for your device from the list of drivers already on your computer. If one doesn't work or isn't available, you may need to try the other.
    Quote Quote  
  15. '
    ^I tried that too, but i know for sure that its not recording the sound. i hear nothing when i try to capture it.
    As I've stated before, I DO NOT think this is the fault of the computer, peripheral, &/or related software AS MUCH as I tend to believe that it is the fault of the user
    I did not ask for your opinion of the situation,,
    I requested you to action and reasonably expected you to perform it and then report your findings
    NOT for you to repeat the opinion that was made in your original post!
    WE ARE FULLY AWARE THAT YOU THINK IT'S BROKE!!
    You merely thinking that and constantly restating it aint gonna fix the F'r!!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Atticus Draco View Post
    '
    As I've stated before, I DO NOT think this is the fault of the computer, peripheral, &/or related software AS MUCH as I tend to believe that it is the fault of the user
    I did not ask for your opinion of the situation,,
    I requested you to action and reasonably expected you to perform it and then report your findings
    NOT for you to repeat the opinion that was made in your original post!
    WE ARE FULLY AWARE THAT YOU THINK IT'S BROKE!!
    You merely thinking that and constantly restating it aint gonna fix the F'r!!
    dude, chill, please...
    my capture card isn't recording sound and i only want to fix it. and im looking for help. thats all im asking for.

And i DID do exactly what you told me.

I went in and recorded a video with my capture card,
    then I played it with VLC media player and i still didnt hear anything.

if you want me to do something differently then let me know

and @usually_quiet
    I'll try installing the drivers both ways then.
    Quote Quote  
  17. '
    And i DID do exactly what you told me.
    NO YOU DIDNT DUDE!

i told you to complete an easy task,, and you didnt report your findings

I went in and recorded a video with my capture card,
    then I played it with VLC media player and i still didnt hear anything.
    that wasnt my instructions

my capture card isn't recording sound and i only want to fix it. and im looking for help. thats all im asking for.
    that's all you have successfully done here,, is repeat that you think it is broke,, over and over again

AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT,, IT JUST A SIMPLE THING TO FIX
    BUT YOU'RE TOO DAMN THICK TO FOLLOW SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS!!
    DUDE!
    GIT OFF YOUR BONG MAN!
    Quote Quote  
  18. @Atticus Draco: just because i didnt understand your directions dosen't mean you have to be so rude. and just for the record, im not a stoner i just have a mild forum of aspergers, but that's a completely different story im not going to get into. i just need help fixing my capture card because its not recording sound and it's been working fine for the past year and a half before this happened (not sure if they actually do wear out last this) but worst case scenario if i can't get it fixed i'll get a different one instead.

@Usually_Quiet:
    i'll try following the tutorial link you posted. I havent had time to recently because i was out of town. it seems very complicated but i might be able to figure it out, i'll let you know what happens
    Quote Quote  
  19. UPDATE:
    the sound strangely works now. it turns out that one of the cords got really dusty.
    i kinda figured it was a maniacal problem. but thanks for the help everyone **except Atticus Draco of course**
    Last edited by joewinko; 21st Jul 2014 at 17:26.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!