VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some episodes in DVDRip, but their quality isn't that good, moreover they have MP3 audio instead, at least, AAC.

So I've found some HDTVs (720p) of 1.10 GB, is there any hope to make them into SD files with a better quality than DVDRip's? Which guide I have to follow? Keep in mind that I'm completely new to these kind of things, so I rely on you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Those 720p files ... which are clearly warez, discussions of which are not allowed here, and besides that I'm not sympathetic to problems people have with them, they mostly stink in quality ... have probably already been compressed once.

Compressing them again probably isn't going to give you good quality either.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Matteo View Post
    I have some episodes in DVDRip, but their quality isn't that good, moreover they have MP3 audio instead, at least, AAC.

So I've found some HDTVs (720p) of 1.10 GB, is there any hope to make them into SD files with a better quality than DVDRip's? Which guide I have to follow? Keep in mind that I'm completely new to these kind of things, so I rely on you.
    WebDL and HDTV are not the same. The only thing they share is warez and quite frankly I don't notice much difference between a good DVDRip and an HDTV file.

Just buy the DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    Those 720p files ... which are clearly warez, discussions of which are not allowed here, and besides that I'm not sympathetic to problems people have with them, they mostly stink in quality ... have probably already been compressed once.

Compressing them again probably isn't going to give you good quality either.
    Not that I'm advocating downloading/converting warez, but as you appear not to know much about the topic.....

Almost any 720p video is going to be better than DVD quality.
    It doesn't matter if the "source" video was encoded from an encode of an encode. If it's the best quality source available it'll give you the best output quality. Of course if you resize down you'll lose resolution and depending on the encoding quality (think xvid) maybe lose some more detail, so the difference between using a HD source and a DVD source mightn't turn out to be all that great in the end, but I'd still start with the better quality source every time.
    As far as I know the web-dl video to which the OP refers has the DRM removed but isn't re-encoded.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!