VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I beg your kindly help

I download video file .mkv with 6 channel DTS audio. I want to use this film for awarness campaign on global warming. I need to re-narrate in the regional language only the narration track without erasing the sarounding sound effect and background music. Is it possible on Edius & Premier Pro software. I was novice on editing

If possible i'm waiting for your help

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    The narration/speech is usually not a separate channel but mixed with the background music and it may be very hard to remove.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks to Baldrick

but, as my experiment i can do AC3 6 channel with Tsmuxer software, unfortunately this software can not open DTS 6 channel. Is there any software which can extract an audio, channel by channel ?
    Last edited by maisawka; 23rd Jun 2014 at 04:19.
    Quote Quote  
  4. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    What do you mean by "TSmuxer cannot open DTS 6 channel"

Is there any software which can extract an audio, channel by channel ?
    eac3to can decode 6-channel audio to 6 mono WAV files. After editing these with an adequate software, you will have to reencode to DTS (with Surcode, OR dcaenc, OR the Master Audio Suite) or to AC3 (with Aften, OR ffmpeg, OR a Dolby-licensed encoder).
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks to El Heggunte

I mean that i mux a video .mkv AC3 audio 6 channel with tsmuxer , after that i drag and drop on the timeline that file *.ts. It automatically split the audio into 6 different mono channel at audio timeline. But DTS 6 channel there is no Audio, only the video is shown on the Premier Pro timeline.

I download eac3to and run the .exe file no software is open. I will be glad if you can tell me how to use eac3to in detail.
    Quote Quote  
  6. thanks to El Heggunte

I mean that i mux a video .mkv AC3 audio 6 channel with tsmuxer , after that i drag and drop on the timeline that file *.ts. It automatically split the audio into 6 different mono channel at audio timeline. But DTS 6 channel there is no Audio, only the video is shown on the Premier Pro timeline.

I download eac3to and run the .exe file no software is open. I will be glad if you can tell me how to use eac3to in detail.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Wahooooooo........ I finaly can do as i need. I used Pazera_Free Audio Extractor PORTABLE. I extract only the audio to AAC and drop to Premier Pro and automaticaly shows 6 track differently. Then i can change only the narration track

Thanks for your help
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    We didn't help you with that suggestion, and wouldn't have, as you are now unnecessarily re-encoding and losing quality in the process.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!