VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. @[_chef_]
    Thanks, I checked those burners.
    I am afraid I didn't make myself clear (my fault), I am not looking for used drives, I was just hoping some new (good) drive to pop out.
    Thanks anyway man.

@jman98
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    There's some minimal support for it in some better motherboards just to support legacy hardware...
    Bold is mine.
    As opposite to "some" I understood that "many" boards don't support IDE anymore (and from quick searches I have done it looks it is so). Anyway, it doesn't matter. Thanks for your additional clarification.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nearly impossible to find "new" drives these days, except you wanna spend hilarious amount of money on them....

The mentioned drives look good, it's always a gamble anyway.

As for IDE/ATAPI drives, even these days most modern mobos have no legacy IDE support and connectors anymore, you can always add a cheap IDE controller card (eg. flashing a cheap IDE RAID controller is another way too).
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  3. I know, just hoping.
    It's highly probable I'll end up with one modern drive (I have seen a DVR-S21LSK, what's about that?)
    As you say used stuff is a gamble (and I am not a gambler )
    Anyway my 111 has worked fine lately.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From 118/218 on all their drives are QSI and Liteon clones.

some info:
    http://club.myce.com/f87/pioneer-dvr-221chv-221vxl-s21l-s21fxv-333162/
    *** Now that you have read me, do some other things. ***
    Quote Quote  
  5. I see.
    As I said, I probably will have to buy/build a new machine (next autumn hopefully) equipped with a BD drive.
    I'd like to have a separate drive for DVDs, when time will come I think I pick what is available and hope.
    Thanks [_chef_]
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!