VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    It looks like it should be SO simple! Just about everywhere when people wish to use eac3to to do anything, this is pretty much the VERY simple way the code looks to run that program:

Code:
    eac3to my_audio.ac3 ...(etc.)
    Okay, when I try to run it using the CMD line, I get this error message. I have looked ALL over and I cannot find why this is not running properly. I get hints about the program maybe not being 'installed' so that the OS knows where it is, but this program I THINK is merely a self-contained folder and is not actually 'installed', right?

Here is the error message:

C:\Windows\system32>eac3to Audio.file.wav Audio.file.lpcm
    'eac3to' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

I've tried listing the entire path to the eac3to.exe, but that doesn't work either:

C:\Windows\system32>C:\EXECUTABLES\eac3to Audio.file.wav Audio.file.lpcm
    'C:\EXECUTABLES\eac3to' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

I'm SURE that it is something very simple that I'm missing, but this is honestly driving me over the edge

BTW, what I need to do is convert a lossless file (originally FLAC - converted to WAV) to LCPM in order that HOPEFULLY my OPPO Blu-ray player will see it in an MKV file (it normally will see a number of lossess codecs, but usually ONLY in a BDMV folder format.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. What directory path is eac3to.exe in? and What directory path is "audio.file.wave" in? Change the path names to match

e.g. If I place eacto.exe in C:\folder , but audio.file.wav is in C:\folder2, and I want the output file in C:\folder2

Code:
    "C:\folder\eac3to" "C:\folder2\audio.file.wav" "C:\folder2\audio.file.lpcm"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    What directory path is eac3to.exe in? and What directory path is "audio.file.wave" in? Change the path names to match

e.g. If I place eacto.exe in C:\folder , but audio.file.wav is in C:\folder2, and I want the output file in C:\folder2

Code:
    "C:\folder\eac3to" "C:\folder2\audio.file.wav" "C:\folder2\audio.file.lpcm"
    Hey PDR!

Thanks for the lightening fast answer mate! I'll try this in a little bit and get back to you. I assume that I do NOT use the quotes, right?

Sure appreciate it!
    Quote Quote  
  4. The quotes are necessary when you have spaces, not when they are 1 word , or the spaces are replaced by periods or underscores. It's safer in illustrative examples to include them

e.g. my file.wav would need it ; but myfile.wav wound not , my.file.wave would not, my_file.wav would not

eac3to relies on other dll's so I would keep everything from the eac3to package in the same folder (for example I just unzip the archive, and keep everything together in the eac3to327 folder on all my computers , wherever that actual directory path might be)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Nope, I tried it both ways (although I'm pretty SURE that I should not to use the quotes )

No go... Here is the same error:

C:\Windows\system32>C:\executables\eac3to C:\Audio.file.wav C:\Audio.file.lpcm
    'C:\executables\eac3to' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, I see; okay, here is the error WITH the quotes (shows you how much I DON'T know...)

C:\Windows\system32>"C:\executables\eac3to" "C:\Audio.file.wav" "C:\Audio.file.l
    pcm"
    '"C:\executables\eac3to"' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

Oh, and I do keep all the extracted eac3to files in it's own folder as you suggested.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Also too, I normally use the very nice GUI UseEac3to, but for some odd reason when I drop the FLAC file into it, it doesn't give me an 'LCPM' option...??? I've even read on some other threads where that is precisely what someone suggested to do, but there is no output for that...

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  8. not recognized as an internal or external command, blah blah blah usually indicates the directory is correct. If it's the wrong path , it will say something like cannot find path specified. So maybe something is corrupted ?

Download eac3to, unzip it , and try again

it doesn't give me an 'LCPM' option...???
    There is an old eac3to gui that has the lpcm option . I uploaded it somewhere in some other thread I'll try to find it . You have to set the directory paths up in the 1st tab before you use it (but I think the only one that is necessary for what you are doing is eac3to)

EDIT: here
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/300964-Help-Split-6-Channels-into-separate-WAVs?p=2...=1#post2128113
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just change your dir to the folder name such as cd /eac,and then type the operation and keep the eac3to.exe in the parent folder,no need to put it in a second folder.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    not recognized as an internal or external command, blah blah blah usually indicates the directory is correct. If it's the wrong path , it will say something like cannot find path specified. So maybe something is corrupted ?

Download eac3to, unzip it , and try again

it doesn't give me an 'LCPM' option...???
    There is an old eac3to gui that has the lpcm option . I uploaded it somewhere in some other thread I'll try to find it . You have to set the directory paths up in the 1st tab before you use it (but I think the only one that is necessary for what you are doing is eac3to)

EDIT: here
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/300964-Help-Split-6-Channels-into-separate-WAVs?p=2...=1#post2128113
    I appreciate you including this link, and I DID set the path to eac3to, but it is quite complicated looking. I'll keep working on it to see if I can figure it out, thank you!

Well, I set the path to eac3to. I added the source file 'Wav'. I set the output to 'LCPM'. I clicked on 'Run Command Line'. And the screen disappeared for a moment and came back with only the eac3to.exe in the command line and everything else is blank. Looked like nothing happened.

I could see the command line at the bottom as I was doing each step. I was on the 'Eac3to Audio' tab; it basically had the .exe for eac3to first, then it added the source file next, then it added 'LCPM', then I ran it. Nothing. Weird... I think the output is set to the same as the input. I sure don't know what I'm doing wrong.

IF I can just get the dang CMD line code right, I'm SURE that that will actually be a lot easier and more flexible

Thanks though!
    Last edited by Lathe; 19th Jun 2014 at 17:56.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Just change your dir to the folder name such as cd /eac,and then type the operation and keep the eac3to.exe in the parent folder,no need to put it in a second folder.
    I appreciate you taking the time to answer, but I'm afraid I cannot make heads or tails of what you said, sorry

I'm SURE that it is probably super easy and simple...

Here is a snapshot of what the GUI looks like just before I press the 'Run Command Line'

Click image for larger version

Name:	Eac3to GUI.gif
Views:	1064
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	25832
    Last edited by Lathe; 19th Jun 2014 at 18:04.
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    When you have the command prompt window open type "cd /executables" or whatever your eac folder name is and press enter,after doing that type in your what you want eac3to to do without the directory in the command such as "executables\eac3to Audio.file.wav".
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  13. he means use dos commands to navigate to the eac3to folder
    cd = change directory

Or you can hold shift key and right click on the eac3to folder and "open command window here"

Notice how you have C:\Windows\system32> ? That means you're in the system32 folder when opening the command prompt. (But this shouldn't matter if you specify full paths for the eac3to command)

If you opened the prompt in the eac3 folder, it would look like this

Code:
    "C:\executables\eac3to.exe" "C:\Audio.file.wav" "C:\Audio.file.lpcm"

For the GUI, you need to setup the eacto path on tab 1, run the command on tab 2

Scroll up in that thread
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/300964-Help-Split-6-Channels-into-separate-WAVs?p=1...=1#post1840607

obviously instead of "wavs" , you're using "lpcm" , and instead of ac3 input, you're using your wav input
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    When you have the command prompt window open type "cd /executables" or whatever your eac folder name is and press enter,after doing that type in your what you want eac3to to do without the directory in the command such as "executables\eac3to Audio.file.wav".
    If you don't mind, if you could please look at the snapshot that I posted of what I'm trying to do above, you can see the generated command line.

Based upon this, precisely what do you want me to do...???

Thanks for you time and help!
    Quote Quote  
  15. In the GUI, you need to enter an output filename (top left hand corner, before lpcm) (step 5 in the instructions). It's blank in your screenshot. Then push Run Command Line (Tab specific) . Follow the steps in the previous post with the screenshots in the other thread
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    he means use dos commands to navigate to the eac3to folder
    cd = change directory

Or you can hold shift key and right click on the eac3to folder and "open command window here"

Notice how you have C:\Windows\system32> ? That means you're in the system32 folder when opening the command prompt. (But this shouldn't matter if you specify full paths for the eac3to command)

If you opened the prompt in the eac3 folder, it would look like this

Code:
    "C:\executables\eac3to.exe" "C:\Audio.file.wav" "C:\Audio.file.lpcm"

For the GUI, you need to setup the eacto path on tab 1, run the command on tab 2

Scroll up in that thread
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/300964-Help-Split-6-Channels-into-separate-WAVs?p=1...=1#post1840607

obviously instead of "wavs" , you're using "lpcm" , and instead of ac3 input, you're using your wav input
    Ah... I was wondering WHY the prompt was opening in that folder... I just figured that that was the default for any command line. Hmmm... So, I simply type in "CD" to change directory, or as you said, right-click the folder and open it that way. Then, just type in the full line you show above, ("C:\executables\eac3to.exe" "C:\Audio.file.wav" "C:\Audio.file.lpcm") and that should do it, right...???
    Quote Quote  
  17. Yes, but the original command prompt in the system32 folder should have worked too when you have full paths - I don't know why it didn't . As long as you specify full paths, it shouldn't matter where the prompt is

Even more simpler, is if you put everything in the eac3to folder, open the prompt in the same eac3to folder . Because all the files are in the same folder level as the command prompt , you don't even have to specify paths . Then the command would just be

Code:
    eac3to audio.file.wav audio.file.lpcm
    Because the prompt would already say C:\executables>
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, I AM sort of getting somewhere; here is a snapshot of the Command Line so far...

Name:	CMD line 01.gif
Views:	571
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	25833

I THINK that I'd probably rather figure out this with the command line so that I can learn it, rather than mess with the completely alien, new (old) GUI.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, but the original command prompt in the system32 folder should have worked too when you have full paths - I don't know why it didnt

Even more simpler, is if you put everything in the eac3to folder, open the prompt in the same eac3to folder . Because all the files are in the same folder a the same level as the command prompt , you don't even have to specify patsh . Then the command would just be

Code:
    eac3to audio.file.wav audio.file.lpcm
    Hmmm, that's a good idea; I'll try that!
    Last edited by Lathe; 19th Jun 2014 at 18:39.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AH! There we go! I THINK that it is working; at least it is thinking and showing some sort of progress bar

This is REALLY important, because if I can understand use of the command line, that could help me to be able to do a LOT more stuff.

Thanks so much to both of you. I'll tell you if it works...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm, it did indeed generate an LPCM file, but neither MKV Merge nor even TSMuxer recognizes it...? I wonder what I did wrong?

But, I guess the MAIN thing, really, is that I'm very happy finally to understand at least a way I can use the dang command line to do stuff. That is the most important thing;I'll figure out the small details later

Thanks SO much guys!
    Quote Quote  
  22. You used to need use Pcm2Tsmu13 for tsmuxer (there is a path on tab1), but I thought newer versions of tsmuxer no longer need it . It modifies the header so it can be recognized. For commandline, you can pipe eac3to pcm2tsmu13

EDIT: sorry I might be mixing up PCM with LPCM, but let me do a quick check

EDIT2: yes it works for tsmuxer

Pcm2Tsmu.exe input.lpcm output.lpcm

Usage:
    Pcm2Tsmu <input.pcm> [output.pcm] [-i #] [-c #] [-s #]

Where:
    <input.pcm> must be a lpcm up to 8 channels, int 16-20-24 bits.

[output.pcm] If not present, input.pcm is used suffixed with: _tsm

[-i #] BitsPerSample Integer. Default 24. Valid 16, (20 ?), 24.

[-c #] NumChannels. Default 6. Valid and tested 1 to 8.

[-s #] SampleRate. Default 48000 Hz. Valid 48000 (96000, 192000 pending).

Note: To use STDIN use - as input filename (now output.pcm is necessary).

Purpose
    =======
    - Add little header to pcm data in order to be accepted by TsMuxer.

- Can be used standalone, without parameters if match the defaults. Example:

Pcm2Tsmu input.pcm
    Pcm2Tsmu input.pcm output.pcm -i 16 -c 2

- And can be used with eac3to (or other with stdout output). Example:

eac3to input51.dts stdout.pcm | Pcm2Tsmu - output.pcm
    Last edited by poisondeathray; 19th Jun 2014 at 18:55.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You used to need use Pcm2Tsmu13 for tsmuxer (there is a path on tab1), but I thought newer versions of tsmuxer no longer need it . It modifies the header so it can be recognized. For commandline, you can pipe eac3to pcm2tsmu13

EDIT: sorry I might be mixing up PCM with LPCM, but let me do a quick check
    Well, actually, my main goal was to mux a LOSSLESS audio file with an MKV file that my OPPO player will recognize. I THINK it will only see LPCM audio in that format (as opposed to most others within a standard Blu-ray format)

Here is the resulting command line for what it's worth:

Name:	CMD line 002.gif
Views:	1900
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	25835
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Oh, and MediaInfo doesn't give me any specific information about the LCPM file either...??! Except it's size. Weird, huh...?
    Quote Quote  
  25. What was the concern ? 16bit ? What was the original flac ?

Swapping endian doesn't change quality
    Quote Quote  
  26. After using Pcm2Tsmu , tsmuxer properly recognizes it as LPCM . But I'm scratching my head with that one, I could have sworn, they made some changes to tsmuxer than no longer required it...

Oh, and MediaInfo doesn't give me any specific information about the LCPM file either...??! Except it's size. Weird, huh...?
    If you've ever demuxed a retail blu-ray with LPCM, it's the same, mediainfo doesn't give any info
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by Lathe View Post

Well, actually, my main goal was to mux a LOSSLESS audio file with an MKV file that my OPPO player will recognize. I THINK it will only see LPCM audio in that format (as opposed to most others within a standard Blu-ray format)
    This won't happen in MKV because the author won't support it. Your only option for LPCM is a transport stream, or program stream

LCPM is not supported by mkvmerge at all and will most likely never be -- unless someone else implements support in my stead.
    https://trac.bunkus.org/ticket/763
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Lathe View Post

This won't happen in MKV because the author won't support it. Your only option for LPCM is a transport stream, or program stream

LCPM is not supported by mkvmerge at all and will most likely never be -- unless someone else implements support in my stead.
    https://trac.bunkus.org/ticket/763
    Oh, okay then; I hadn't realized that. I must've been under the wrong impression about what the OPPO plays as regards MKV files.

Thanks most kindly for all the help and the further information here afterward.

Most helpful!
    Quote Quote  
  29. Hi,

I know this is an old thread, so I may not get any responses, but if someone does, any help would be great.

I'm trying to convert TrueHD to LPCM/PCM, as only the AC3 core is recognized when I put it in multiavchd or tsmuxer. I've been using the steps here to convert using the eac3to and Pcm2Tsmu command lines; the actual conversion is taking place--that's not the issue--but the result is always the same: a jumbled staticky mess (first in mono and then later attempts in glorious surround sound!). I've tried every approach: converting using eac3to and then Pcm2Tmsu, directly to Pcm2Tmsu, and also in Audacity to a .raw file (maybe I should try a different output?), with the same outcome. I know the source file is correct, as evidenced by how it shows up in Audacity and also because it works as AC3.

Any suggestions as what could be happening and maybe what I should do differently? I'm accumulating quite a few coasters here.

Thanks in advance!

Jason
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by frodawgg View Post
    Hi,

I know this is an old thread, so I may not get any responses, but if someone does, any help would be great.

I'm trying to convert TrueHD to LPCM/PCM, as only the AC3 core is recognized when I put it in multiavchd or tsmuxer. I've been using the steps here to convert using the eac3to and Pcm2Tsmu command lines; the actual conversion is taking place--that's not the issue--but the result is always the same: a jumbled staticky mess (first in mono and then later attempts in glorious surround sound!). I've tried every approach: converting using eac3to and then Pcm2Tmsu, directly to Pcm2Tmsu, and also in Audacity to a .raw file (maybe I should try a different output?), with the same outcome. I know the source file is correct, as evidenced by how it shows up in Audacity and also because it works as AC3.

Any suggestions as what could be happening and maybe what I should do differently? I'm accumulating quite a few coasters here.

Thanks in advance!

Jason
    Okay, if all you are trying to do is take a full TrueHD track and convert it to PCM / LPCM, it's super easy, unless I missed something.

First, forget the CMD line (although that was my original question ) Simply use the UsEac3to GUI with the newest version of eac3to. Drop the full video file (or extracted audio file alone) into the GUI interface (I'm ASSUMING that since TSMuxer only sees the core that you are dealing with an MKV file that in it's creation has had the core ripped out - MKVMerge does that) Okay, now that you have dropped your file into the GUI, just choose as the output file 'TrueHD + AC3', that is the key. NOW, when you render the audio file you actually DO have a full TrueHD track, now WITH the AC3 core put back in.

NOW, TSMuxer will indeed see it and you can mux it with the video as usual. I don't know if you can just directly choose 'LCPM'' as output or if you have do do the step I mentioned above first. I've not done it directly before. BUT, I do know that if you create the full TrueHD + AC3 file then you can easily convert it to LCPM which TSMuxer will accept either.

I hope that helps...
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!