VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    In previous 24p projects, I included 25p and 50i HD sources by converting them to 24p first mainly with avisynth convertfps(24). The 25p and 50i sources were static video from camcorders on tripods. Due to this, blurred (blended?) frames resulting from convertfps did not look obvious or objectionable. Presently, I have 50i camcorder-sourced footage that has lots of motion including but not limited to fast panning that has to be included again in a 24p project. All of a sudden blend and switch modes of convertfps do not look good as it did with static video, any more than changefps(24) that creates ever-so-slight jerks once a second would. What tweaks to the *.avs should I do to minimize this?
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  2. Slow 25p to 24p with AssumeFPS(24000,1001) and adjust the audio to match.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Slow 25p to 24p with AssumeFPS(24000,1001) and adjust the audio to match.
    I sometimes do this if the 25p video is alone by itself and will be presented as such (actually integer assumefps(24)) as a separate title on an authored blu-ray. But the video I referred to in my original post are 25p and 50i material >2hours long shot by separate disparate camcorders of the same event that will occupy tracks of their own in a 24p premiere pro sequence and therefore have to be sync'd with all of the other tracks that contain natively-shot 24p video as closely as possible. Stretching is not viable here...
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  4. Then encode 25p with 3:2:3:2:2 pulldown flags. That will require MPEG 2 encoding though.

You can try using the frame interpolators but they don't work well with complex motions. Search these forums for SmoothFPS() or SmoothFPS2() -- they use mvtools.
    Last edited by jagabo; 18th Jun 2014 at 19:22.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    OR,

Speed up your 24p stuff to match the 25/50 stuff.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!