VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi all,

I used DVDFAB and cloned one of the Game Of Thrones disc to my computers HDD. I am wanting to burn it straight onto a DVD-R DL which I have. I am using IMGBURN to do this but when I click the start button at the bottom of IMGBURN it says 'THIS IMAGE FILE HASN'T BEEN MASTERED CORRECTLY FOR USE WITH AN DVD-R DL' and something about the layers aren't right...

Has anyone got any info on what has gone wrong and what I need to do?

As I say, I used DVDFAB which is 'all in one' so not sure why it hasn't worked properly.

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    In theory DVDFab should have been able to create an ISO correctly, so maybe that's the not the problem. Is there a reason why you are using DVD-R DL instead of DVD+R DL? I am wondering if that is your problem. DVD-R DL was an afterthought and to get it to work at all the manufacturers had to come with a kind of kludge. DVD-R DL is VERY demanding about how the layers are set up in a way that DVD+R DL is not and I'm wondering if that is your problem. Do you have the ability to burn to DVD+R DL? That might solve the problem. Do note that the ONLY reliable manufacturer of DVD+R DL discs is Verbatim. For DVD-R DL, if you must use it, the ONLY reliable manufacturers are Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden (usually quite difficult to find outside of Japan). I'm just going to be blunt - if you bought ANY other brand, you threw your money in the trash. If you did buy another brand, burn it as slow as ImgBurn allows for the best chance of not making a coaster.

To fix your problem so you can burn to DVD-R DL, it's a bit involved. What format did you rip to? ISO? Files? If you have files, you can use PgcEdit to make an ISO that should be suitable for ImgBurn to burn to DVD-R DL. See here
    http://www.digital-digest.com/~blutach/pgcedit_guide/burning_with_pgcedit/burning_with...pgcedit_v2.htm
    If you have an ISO and lack the original DVD, then mount it with some kind of ISO mounting tool like Daemon Tools, and rip it to files which you can then feed into PgcEdit as above. DVDDecrypter is free and it should be fine for ripping a mounted ISO to files. Outside of the USA DVDDecrypter rarely has problems, but US/Canada DVDs sometimes use copy protection that it doesn't understand and in those cases it can't rip the discs. If you already have an ISO then such protection, if it existed at all to begin with, has already been removed when you ripped to ISO.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Why didnt you just rip the game to your hard drive with IMGBURN to begin with? Why not use IMGBURN to copy the disc?

You dont need DVDFab, even DVDDecrypter is great for ripping games.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    Why didnt you just rip the game to your hard drive with IMGBURN to begin with?
    Because Game Of Thrones is a TV SHOW. It's not a game despite having "Game" in the title. Where do you live that you don't know that?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Rather than attempting to burn the ISO, extract all the files from it and burn the video_ts folder. In theory, imgburn should now suggest where the layer-break should be.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Originally Posted by killerteengohan View Post
    Why didnt you just rip the game to your hard drive with IMGBURN to begin with?
    Because Game Of Thrones is a TV SHOW. It's not a game despite having "Game" in the title. Where do you live that you don't know that?
    Maybe the reason he skimmed the original post and just picked out key words is because killerteengohan is actually a somewhat advanced, but slightly off, bot.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Mentally Deficient Mr.Delusional's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    There is a Game of Thrones video game on PC, PS3 & Xbox 360. But the OP said he cloned one of.

So I'm sure he was referring to a disc in a dvd boxset.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    LOL!!!

I know 12 year olds that know what Game of Thrones is
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I've heard of Game Of Thrones.....but judging by what is written in the original post my reply would be:
    "Because it's a video game, it's copy protected in ways that video/DVD decrypters cannot understand."
    Quote Quote  
  10. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't, I figured right away he was talking about the TV show.
    But he still has not replied with any other info so who knows what he is doing.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I thought it was a movie made from a video game, or vice versa.
    I also couldn't name a single character from Lord Of The Rings either so......
    Quote Quote  
  12. Sorry for the delayed reply.

I dont want to be messing around with the folders, just want to be dealing with ISO's so if there is anyway to keep layers intact by cloning that would be good.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by callidus View Post
    Sorry for the delayed reply.

I dont want to be messing around with the folders, just want to be dealing with ISO's so if there is anyway to keep layers intact by cloning that would be good.
    Verbatim DVD+R dual layer discs.
    The End.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    I thought it was a movie made from a video game, or vice versa.
    I also couldn't name a single character from Lord Of The Rings either so......
    Yeah I have watched the LOTR movies and then I bought the extended ones, that have an hour or so more than the originals, but I never watched them yet, hell the first ones were so long I could not make it through one without a break!!
    But I think the one hobbit or something was frodo, other than that I don't know any of their names, LOL!!!

And I don't have the original dvd disc's of Game of Thrones so I can't test them but yeah,
    do a straight rip with anydvd & burn back with ImgBurn to Verbatim DL+R's
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!