VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys
    I have been using Pot Player for a year now and really like it.

I thought it was time I updated it.

If I download the latest version and then install it will it keep my settings or will I have to re-do them
    Quote Quote  
  2. In theory it should keep them, but a year is quite a while and PotPlayer has changed a bit, for example they added Open Codecs, that you download during installation.
    What I usually do, before bigger update of any important program is backing up all its files/folders to a different disc. But in this case first you can export settings: Preferences and click Export Presets.
    Then back up of PotPlayer's folders (for Win7)- C:\Program Files (x86)\DAUM\PotPlayer or C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer ,for x64 version and C:\Users\(User's name)\AppData\Roaming\PotPlayerMini
    I assume that you still have installer exe of your present PotPlayer version, so you can tactically return to it for a time being .

Of course a clean install would be the best, but I know that in case of PotPlayer there is a lot of setting up to be redone.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AllisOne View Post
    In theory it should keep them, but a year is quite a while and PotPlayer has changed a bit, for example they added Open Codecs, that you download during installation.
    What I usually do, before bigger update of any important program is backing up all its files/folders to a different disc. But in this case first you can export settings: Preferences and click Export Presets.
    Then back up of PotPlayer's folders (for Win7)- C:\Program Files (x86)\DAUM\PotPlayer or C:\Program Files\DAUM\PotPlayer ,for x64 version and C:\Users\(User's name)\AppData\Roaming\PotPlayerMini
    I assume that you still have installer exe of your present PotPlayer version, so you can tactically return to it for a time being .

Of course a clean install would be the best, but I know that in case of PotPlayer there is a lot of setting up to be redone.
    I can see the need to export my PP settings.

Why do you suggest backing up up the PP folder - is this just in case the installation goes bad, or you want to revert to the older version ?
    Quote Quote