VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I've been capturing the analog RCA/Composite video contents (including AUDIO) coming from my Satellite Receiver (or) DVD Player (and then Stream out to my Wowza Server). I've been using only of:
    But this Products are ending or even ended. I choose this two previously because it is simply come with R,C,A Ports and also PCI.

Now moving forward, can you all please advise which are the best replacements for that kind of Cards above, in the market please.
    a.k.a
    What are the all possible alternative ways to capture the RCA/Composite Analog Contents (including Audio) to PC, without using USB ones.

Then again because of the 24/7 run, i totally dont want to use USB interfaces.
    I don't mind anything but as long as PCI or PCIe.

So to wrap up the scenario, the requirements to choose a better CARD would be:
    - Capture RCA/Composite Video+Audio Channel
    - Should NOT be USB Interface.
    - Run on Windows
    - Would be better if confirmed working with WIRECAST Broadcasting Software.

Hoping for you to kindly share your experience and suggestions.

Thank you so much.
    Best,
    4lvin
    Last edited by 4lvin; 16th Jun 2014 at 01:28.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Look for Hauppauge HVR 1850 it the last of Hardware MPEG-2 Encoder in PCIe it should work the same as you all ready done the PVR 150 because it has the same Hardware MPEG encoder then there then Dual Tuner HVR 2250 it not the same encoder but it may work.
    Other option is Colossus Hardware MPEG-4/AVC Encoder in PCIe or you get a Standard run of the mill AVI capture device like ImpactVCB-e, HVR 1250
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi,

Have you ever heard of the video capture card made by Magewell? XI006AE-pro can simultaneously capture 6 RCA/Composite Video+Audio Channel together.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi felixtime
    - Does it work with WIRECAST software please?
    - And how do i split the input channels? (It has only one big slot)

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    felixtime is a shill doing covert advertising. Read his other posts. He may be banned soon.

[Edit] Wirecast maintains a list of supported/tested cards here: http://www.telestream.net/pdfs/datasheets/Wirecast-Source-Input-Support.pdf

The BlackMagic Intensity Pro is a PCI-e card with official Wirecast support. It can capture composite video via the green component video port on its breakout cable. It uses software for encoding which may or may not be an advantage for you.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 28th Nov 2014 at 00:47.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    felixtime is a shill doing covert advertising. Read his other posts. He may be banned soon.
    I don't think my post should be considered as a spam. I just provide a way on solving the question about the capture card or video capturing. Someone may need the information while someone like you may not.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by felixtime View Post
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    I don't think my post should be considered as a spam. I just provide a way on solving the question about the capture card or video capturing. Someone may need the information while someone like you may not.
    More
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by 4lvin View Post
    Hi felixtime

Thanks!
    Yes, it can work with wirecast well. The card can simultaneously capture 6 channel A/V signals as long as the software you used is able to support this function.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by felixtime View Post
    Originally Posted by 4lvin View Post
    Hi felixtime

Thanks!
    Yes, it can work with wirecast well. The card can simultaneously capture 6 channel A/V signals as long as the software you used is able to support this function.
    The manufacture may claim this, but WireCast has not tested this device and does not officially support it. This means that if you need support, you won't be able to get much help from Telestream's WireCast technical staff to troubleshoot problems, and must depend on the maker of this card instead or WireCast's customer forum. I question whether a company that is apparently so short on cash that they have to use shills to promote their products can provide good customer support.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 2nd Dec 2014 at 00:59.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!