VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Let's say I have a menu in DVD Lab Pro with a white arrow next to each option (which are all set to Invisible Normal), and when an option is activated, the arrow turns red. The menu would look like this:

> Play Movie
    > Audio Setup
    > Stills Gallery

Is it possible to make it so that when one of these options is activated, another button (for example, drawn as an underline under the text) activates at the same time as the arrow next to it? So if you selected Audio Setup and press Enter, the white arrow turns red when activated but a red underline shows up under the option you selected when Enter is pressed as well?

> Play Movie
    > Audio Setup
    > Stills Gallery

It's a little hard to explain but I hope that's clear.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can do it, by just making subpicture or even menu background outside of DVDLabPro and then importing them (menu/Extrenal S-picture...)
    Then you have to set up properties for menu like Link and map.

These things are a nightmare to explain even if it is done in couple of seconds. So better download this: custom_subpicture_menu_DVDLABPRO.zip , That is an example of 100% custom menu, you have there all files needed for making two menus. Zip includes one compiled VIDEO_TS just to see how it behaves, two subpictures, two menu backgrounds, one photoshop file, DVDLabPro project so you can see how everything is set up within DVDLABPRO.

Bottom line is to make subpictures, using only four colors, one background (white), and red, blue and red. Then you set up those colors to be interpreted as any colors you want in DVDLabPro. That first menu is interpreted correctly to show proper national colors (flags) the other menu (freaky menu) has set up those colors in dvdlabpro properties intentionaly off, so you can see completely different colors viewing DVD, but the same subpicture was used during making both menus.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you for that, I think I am beginning to understand. However, is it possible to make the underlines show only when a button is activated (i.e. after Enter is pressed)?
    Quote Quote  
  4. yes, you dedicate one color for that only in subpicture and in properties for menu in map you have set for that color slider all the way to the left for "normal" and "selected".
    Quote Quote  
  5. So if I make a subpicture menu in Photoshop and make the arrows white for Normal and red for Activated, and the underline Red for activated, how do I make the line hidden for Normal and only show when activated? Apologies I am slow to grasp this.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Make your subpicture always with white as your background, that means it is always transparent, keep that as a rule, not sure now if it is possible to have different color for anything that suppose to be transparent all the time

then you have three colors left, use black, blue and red or just two of them or just one, that's up to you

-to make it hidden, select in properties in menu "map" and then navigate to "normal" and put all three sliders to the left, that means 100% transparency to the background(so you can have selected any color there because it will not show anyway)

-to make it appear (meaning subpicture in highlighted area, you have to select that rectangle tool and make rectangles for your buttons before) you make sure slider is all the way to the right for any mode (normal, select, activated), if you leave it in the middle (slider) it will be 50% transparent

the thing is you can have different transparency and different color for any of those three modes (normal, select, activated), try to click on that color and it will offer you a color palette
    Quote Quote  
  7. I forgot ,
    to make it visible or not check that "link" button in properties for menu, in my example I have button invisible in normal mode so there is "invisible normal" selected,..., I have never tried "invisible selected" so cannot tell how it would behave I can have a pretty guess, that it will not show subpicture even if selected, but that could be kind of confusing for user,
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thank you. I understand all that but my issue is, if I have two buttons (the arrows for selecting and the underlines that I want to only show when activated), there is no way to make those two buttons have different Normal/Activated properties once they are under a group hotspot, right?
    Quote Quote  
  9. you can do that, you just navigate to selected and put slider for particular color to the left, and that color will be transparent, other color could have slider all the way to the right and be visible

btw. I just looked at that project I gave you, it was done long time ago I was going thru that I noticed there should be white color selected for that #3 color, not black, but what do you know, it works anyway, not sure why, it should not. Anyway, load subpicture with those three colors where red is #1, blue#2, and black for #3 color, and then of course those colors could be changed. It worked the same way in old DVD Maestro. There could be some other way, not sure, I just followed that DVD Maestro workflow and it worked.
    Quote Quote  
  10. So I make the arrows in DVD Lab Pro and the underlines in Photoshop? And they can each be different colors on the map, and won't be affected by the use of a group hotspot?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Those arrows could be made only as a part of subpicture. You can treat them separately, arrow will turn red upon selecting and underline would appear upon activating. It this matter always terminology could be a a problem. Hopefully we use the same term for normal mode, selecting mode and activating mode (after pressing button).
    Normal mode is a special case. You can make it as a part of background as a more elaborate and pretty. Subpicture has only one color for that. So it is a common approach that buttons in normal mode are part of background. So in your case even those arrows. Only after selecting a button, subpicture overlay would show red arrow on the top of background (regular arrow).
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!