VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey I'm new and I need dah helps.
    I recently got the Elgato HD and I recorded 30-40 mins of gameplay from my PS3. I finished recording and waited for the video to process to MP4. Game Capture HD crashed and it did not process. I was left with the original .ts recorded files. Sony vegas does not import the audio when importing the file. Game Capture HD also splits the recording into 4gb .ts segments.
    Is there a way to get Game Capture HD to rework the .ts to make it MP4?
    Should I use another program to convert it to MP4?
    Should I use a program to extract the audio?
    Are the files dead and I just hit a bit of bad luck?

I really want to know what a good work around is in case this happens again.
    I did a practice run of 26mins of PS3 home screen and it worked fine.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can convert or remux(no video reconversion) the ts with several tools. I would first try avidemux, open the ts, under video and audio choose copy, under format choose mp4, last file->save as a video.mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Or just extract the audio from the ts with a demultiplexer like tsmuxer. Open ts, select audio track, choose demux. Open the audio in vegas.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sometimes Avidemux input incorrect values in conversions TS to MP4. Try Videoredo, its make a better job but its paid.

If you can upload a 10seconds TS file to make a tests.
    Quote Quote  
  5. THANKS!
    I used tsmuxer and extracted the audio. I think this was the best way to prevent quality drop through conversion. I now have a method of work around in case this ever happens again.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!