VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I can get Media Player Classic Home Cinema to play good quality video on a netbook with the default DirectShow Video - Video Mixing Renderer 7 (windowed).

If I try to use 7 or 9 renderless to be able to view Subtitles in an MP4 rip from a commercial DVD I get a very blocky and jumpy playback.

Does anyone know of any way to fix or workaround this?

TIA
    Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Without having more details about that netbook, it's difficult to return helpful suggestions...

Anyway, you can use (xy-)VSFilter instead of the Internal Subtitle Renderer; it works with ANY video renderer

Besides, EVR is even faster than VMR7 on Windows XP.
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 15th Jun 2014 at 00:26. Reason: disambiguation
    Quote Quote  
  3. It is an Asus eeePC, Atom Processor, Intel internal graphics.

I tried loading xy-VSFilter after mistakenly loading VSFilter. No captions at all anymore.
    Did the setting and registry changes recommended on the site for xy-VSFilter, but no joy.
    I can post my settings, but which ones?

TIA
    Quote Quote  
  4. There is only one thing you can try. Potplayer's internal subtitle renderer works with VMR7 windowed.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I got it to work with VSFilter and with the default DirectShow Video - Video Mixing Renderer 7 (windowed).
    No blocky or jumpy text.
    Hooray!!!

Thanks for your help everyone.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Potplayer's ISR is much lighter than vsfilter in terms of system resource as it's a kind of overlay type renderer. VSFilter is not recommended in your system as long as potplayer works. If you're using xp system, probably you can get some benefit by using potplayer as it support dxva1.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by sheppaul View Post
    Potplayer's ISR is much lighter than vsfilter in terms of system resource as it's a kind of overlay type renderer. VSFilter is not recommended in your system as long as potplayer works. If you're using xp system, probably you can get some benefit by using potplayer as it support dxva1.
    Thank you for the info. I will try it next. I am not sure if you are saying that I need to remove VSFilter before I try it? Can you confirm this for me please. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  8. You don't need to remove vsfilter or anything else as it won't be used in potplayer anyway until it is forced to use in preferences.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I had a problem with srt subtitles at one stage (I'm not exactly sure what type of subtitles you have). CPU usage would jump pretty high (although not to maximum) and playback would be rather stuttery. It only happened when using one PC here though, even though the second one is running the same version of Windows (XP). Unchecking the "allow animation when buffering" option under subtitles fixed that problem (MPC-HC), although it seems to have been fixed a while ago and now I can leave it enabled. Your problem might be something else entirely, but it might be worth a shot. You could also try reducing the number of subtitles to buffer and maximum texture resolution.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!