VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    does anyone know what this is all about ?

i use the advance search of google all the time. i used it at work most of the afternoon without trouble or this problem shown below.

but on my home computer, i just started getting these every time i try to search for anything when i go here. i have this link set in one of my speed dial icons in opera v20.xx

http://www.google.com/advanced_search?

Quote Quote  
  2. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    That bullshît message used to appear to me, every time I used the "allintext" filter 3 or more times in a row.

Other factors may trigger Google's stupidness too, YMMV
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You are a robot.
    Quote Quote  
  4. That captcha can be triggered if you use a proxy - which also results in the "unusual traffic from your computer" message.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well, i use the first four criteria boxes in most of my searches, most of the time i'm searching for stuff.

but i guess it got tired of me and my relentless "pizza" howto searches.

and i assure you, i do not do any of those savy DNS or Proxy reconfiguration tinkering.

i will try that "flushing the DNS cache" thing that nic2k4 mentioned in another post. i don't know any other search engine that allows me those search criterias that google does.
    Quote Quote  
  6. It's the NSA tracking you. Using that captca triggers their tracking software to follow your every move.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well, its working again. so i was asking the question here in case it was some form of virus since i don't use any anti-virus suites--i only use malewarebytes.

i think it started because i was trying to "exclude" websites, i.e., forum.videohelp.com, forumvideohelp.com, forumdoom9org repeatedly and thats when i started getting that error message. thanks everyone.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    You are a robot.
    LMAO, Google's explanation. If this happens often, the first thing they tell you to do is scan for malware.
    Quote Quote  
  9. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    ^ Google IS malware incarnate.

It's being programmed by clueless robot-like creatures, such as hyperactive forum moderators
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used to get these very often while using UC browser on my android tab.
    It happens usually when Google is suspicious about the query's origin. Also due to some unusual back queries that some browsers append.
    These back queries get more confusing and suspicious when you install a stupid toolbar or extension (accidentally).
    Quote Quote  
  11. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Placebo View Post
    It happens usually when Google is suspicious about the query's origin. Also due to some unusual back queries that some browsers append.
    To me that sounds like a rationalization (a.k.a. lame excuse).
    The evildoing search-engine simply doesn't like anyone who doubts its default settings are "the best for EVERYBODY"
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 15th Jun 2014 at 09:03.
    Quote Quote  
  12. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Overdue update:

some COOKIES, or what they contain, can redirect you to the stupid and useless ipv4.google.com annoyance.
    Temporary solution: erase all of the google-related cookies.

BTW:

you cannot (easily at least) exclude books.google.com from the search results...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Weird. I actually almost never search with Google anymore. I use Startpage HTTPS. I'm not obsessed with privacy but I find you just don't get as much adware posing as search results. It seems slower at first but it isn't.

I used to use Chrome instead of Firefox for a while and I wondered if I was the only person using Chrome who didn't have Google as the default search engine.

Startpage hasn done anything like this lately AFAIK. Note: if anyone wants to try it the HTTPS version works a lot better.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
    It's the NSA tracking you. Using that captca triggers their tracking software to follow your every move.
    And when it stops, that means they totally have your number.

-c-
    Yes, no, maybe, I don't know, Can you repeat the question?
    Quote Quote  
  15. I've had Google search lock me out and I had to wait a X amount of time to use it again. If I remember they said they detected suspicious activity or something to that effect. I hadn't done anything and my computer was it was clean of viruses so I just used another search engine until I could use Google search again.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My favorite search engine is duckduckgo, they aren't interested in tracking you.

https://duckduckgo.com/
    It's not important the problem be solved, only that the blame for the mistake is assigned correctly
    Quote Quote  
  17. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Hoser Rob View Post
    I use Startpage HTTPS.
    It took some time, but they finally got there:

Sorry, there are no Web results for this search!
    Which is really weird, considering that they USE GOOGLE for doing the actual searches.

Oh, wait — probably they have their own out-of-date search databases
    Quote Quote  
  18. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Google definitely is being misprogrammed by incompetents

The exact phrase "linked dll data/bss pass 0 failed, 0x3C3000..0x3C3434" returns this:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	google-latest-faggotry.png
Views:	433
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	37270  

Quote Quote  
  19. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    P.S.: I don't have a static IP address. My paranoia is entirely rational
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 4th Jun 2016 at 10:28. Reason: better wording
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    Google definitely is being misprogrammed by incompetents

The exact phrase "linked dll data/bss pass 0 failed, 0x3C3000..0x3C3434" returns this:
    the dots .. have something to do with it. Try without them and see. For example:

linked dll data/bss pass 0 failed, 0x3C3000 0x3C3434
    or
    linked dll data/bss pass 0 failed, 0x3C3000.0x3C3434
    weird

sometimes will work without 2 dots...crazy
    'Do I look absolutely divine and regal, and yet at the same time very pretty and rather accessible?' - Queenie
    Quote Quote  
  21. Guys you are not normal... that's why Google reacts in such way - normal people ask Google like: naked girl or cheap car or best smartphone ... any unusual/abnormal queries may trig reasonable doubt are you still human or perhaps already robot...

btw level of censorship in Google began being truly abnormal...
    Quote Quote  
  22. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pandy View Post
    Guys you are not normal... that's why Google reacts in such way - normal people ask Google like: naked girl or cheap car or best smartphone ... any unusual/abnormal queries may trig reasonable doubt are you still human or perhaps already robot...

btw level of censorship in Google began being truly abnormal...
    "reasonable" doubt Nothing designed /programmed /configured by those idiots can be considered 'reasonable'.
    The original Altavista, which I used until the beginning of 2001, would never act like that.
    BTW, Google IS the greatest spammer ever seen... Of course, only they have the right to have "unusual network activity"...
    Quote Quote  
  23. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ron spencer View Post

the dots .. have something to do with it. Try without them and see.
    Thanks for the input, removing the ".." from the string did the trick.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=173555
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	perl-sucks.png
Views:	295
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	37273  

Last edited by El Heggunte; 4th Jun 2016 at 18:43. Reason: add link
    Quote Quote  
  24. clean your cookies
    Quote Quote  
  25. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Because the original goal of this thread was to bash Gluegow anyway,
    it is time for an overdue update...

To the best of my memory, in 2014 or/and in 2016 Google didn't have the so-called «featured snippets»...
    most of which are irrelevant, outdated, or misleading...

but since last year the image below is the greatest and the most-offensive sin ever committed by the infamous ad-search engine

Yes, this annoying 😒 and repulsive 🤮 image supposedly is an "Easter egg", some kind of "reward" that the ad-search engine gives you when what you're looking for doesn't exist in its databases AND the ad-pushing algorithms find no suitable ad related to your query.
    😒
    ----------------
    P.S.: Let's see if at least Yandex will index this exact phrase: "google fishertroll easter egg".
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 1st Sep 2022 at 08:41.
    "Programmers are human-shaped machines that transform alcohol into bugs."
    Quote Quote  
  26. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by s-mp View Post
    What's the point of that reply
    Maybe to prove that there will always be people (this means YOU) who think they are smart and wise when they actually are just narrow-minded.
    Look, do you work for Google? Do you believe the most overrated search-engine ever created is a god?
    Do you think that to troll the users of one's product or service is a good commercial or programming practice?
    Your stupid question does make me conclude that at least one of your answers to the three questions above is "YES".
    Quote Quote  
  27. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    Another episode in the infinite TV series "Error messages very-often do not mean what they say".
    So the servers are down or unreachable, but thanks to AJAX or something, you can blame the user or his/her ISP.
    But according to some anime fanboys, such messages actually mean that the programmers who write them are very-good.

SOURCE: YouTube (read: Google).

[Attachment 66539 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by El Heggunte; 2nd Sep 2022 at 07:52. Reason: edit
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!