VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was initially trying to use AVStoDVD, but I could not find anyway to batch encode all the projects into an ISO ready for burning to DVD. If it is possible, could someone either point me to a Batch encode to ISO with AVStoDVD for dummies tutorial?

So, last night I added a bunch of projects (the original format being MKV) to a folder. Opened up notepad inserted my lines and saved it as DVDFlick Batch Run.bat. Double clicked it. DVDFlick opened up and started encoding the first project.

I went to bed expecting to wake up with most of the projects being completed. Instead I woke up to the first project still encoding the audio.

There is a screenshot. You can take a look at the Time Elapsed. Over 10 hours at the time of the screenshot. Seems excessive to me.

Any ideas what this is about?

I was initially trying to use AVStoDVD, but I could not find anyway to batch encode all the projects into an ISO ready for burning to DVD, if it is possible could someone either point me to a tutorial or give me a Batch encode to ISO with AVStoDVD for dummies post.

Thanks
    Last edited by Vathraq; 14th Jun 2014 at 20:38.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Do you want all the videos included in one ISO using AVStoDVD? Or do you want each project made into a separate ISO?
    In either case, you'll need ImgBurn installed to create ISO's in AVStoDVD. In Options-->Output Setup, select ISO UDF Image.

If using all your input videos in one ISO, you'll need to import all of them at the same time. This won't be a batch encode. If you're trying to make something oversized (larger than a DVD-9), you'll have to set a Custom Size.

If you want each separate video made into an ISO, import each video, set up the encoding parameters (including the Output Setup I just mentioned), then save each one as an .a2d file. Click on Jobs List and import all the .a2d files with the little green + sign down in that box. There is a start button for batch encodes in that Jobs List box also. Each job should be saved as an ISO.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe the AVStoDVD "Jobs List" will work for what you want to do. (You will find the "Jobs List" button in the group of buttons under the menu bar.) After you complete the set up for each job in the main window, just add it to the jobs list, then start processing once you are ready.

[Edit]The "Jobs List" can hold up to 30 jobs.

It appears Kerry56 thinks and types faster than I do.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 14th Jun 2014 at 13:49.
    Quote Quote  
  4. As it is right now. I am trying to encode 9 separate projects that would hopefully end up being 9 different ISO's. In DVDFlick I set up and saved each project individually. Then created a .bat file to execute the commands to encode all the separate projects.

With AVStoDVD I have never had any problems creating an single ISO from multiple video sources. Although, I have never tried to create an single ISO from multiple projects.

This is my first run at trying to batch encode multiple ISO for burning later. I had read that AVStoDVD was capable of batch, but I could not seem to find any kind of information specifically about batch encoding to an ISO.

I will try your solution.

I do have IMGBurn
    Quote Quote  
  5. Interesting thing. So, I had everything all set up in AVStoDVD. I set the DVD size to DVD-5. I set the output to ISO UDF image. I inserted my video sources. I set the correct output folder. I inserted my DVD Label. I saved the project. Then I added it to the jobs list. Rinse and repeat for each additional project. Then hit the button for batch encoding.

Everything was working out great until it came time for IMGBurn to create the ISO. It asked me to set an layer break position, which is normally for a DVD-9(DL Disk). I have never burned a DL disk, so I would not know what to choose anyway. I did, however, choose DVD-5 to burn on normal Taiyo Yuden Printable DVD-R's.

Question is-If I have AVStoDVD DVD size selected at DVD-5. Why would IMGBurn ask me to select an layer break position?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Weird. Don't know the answer to that, unless AVStoDVD just missed the output size on that encode.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Vathraq View Post
    Question is-If I have AVStoDVD DVD size selected at DVD-5. Why would IMGBurn ask me to select an layer break position?
    Post the troublesome AVStoDVD project .log file. You can find it in the Output Folder.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  8. I selected "Ignore Page Break Information" or whatever it says. Continued on. One other project in the list did the same. So, 2 out of 9.

All, the iso's were created without a problem, but the 2 which were very slightly over sized. Which I had only 1 option that IMG burn would let me select "Burn to end of disk" or whatever. "overburn" option not working.

I did not see any problems when I viewed the dvd's.

Erased all the files. I am exoecting to do some more batch runs. If it happens again I will post a log file.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!