VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I was fooling around with the settings on my sony 3d bluray player and came across the 3d screen size setting option. I fooled around with it and didn't notice any difference.

I replayed the same scene from a movie on each change. It had three digits to move so up to 999". I tested 200, 400 and 999 and didn't notice any change.

I read on another forum that it's supposed to adjust the depth setting on a 3d video. I didn't notice anything.

Fyi the set I'm using is the active 3d sony ps3 monitor. It's a 24" set.

Oh and fyi it was a sbs video from the net. Would it be different if I used one of my pressed 3d movies?

Since I didn't notice any difference I changed it back to the default of 46". I even tried 24" to match the size of the set but didn't notice any change. I decided to leave it at the default 46".

So should i try it with a factory disc and see if the adjustments actually make a difference?

Thanks.

Edit - oh I'm happy with the default settings, I just wanted to see what would change with this setting.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yes, it is an adjustment to the horizontal disparity, known as HIT. Because you don't want to have TOO much disparity or your eyes will diverge and become uncomfortable. Too much in the opposite direction is bad also. <edit>See: http://proceedings.spiedigitallibrary.org/proceeding.aspx?articleid=730505</edit>
    It's not really a big deal on smaller displays (which you have), but becomes more and more important with the larger sizes.

It is best to match your set's size.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 14th Jun 2014 at 14:43.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Yes, it is an adjustment to the horizontal disparity, known as HIT. Because you don't want to have TOO much disparity or your eyes will diverge and become uncomfortable. Too much in the opposite direction is bad also. <edit>See: http://proceedings.spiedigitallibrary.org/proceeding.aspx?articleid=730505</edit>
    It's not really a big deal on smaller displays (which you have), but becomes more and more important with the larger sizes.

It is best to match your set's size.

Scott
    thanks.

I didn't do an exhaustive search but I didnt find a recommended setting for a given size.

I'll try it again on 24 and see if its any better or worse. if I don't notice anything I might leave it at the 46" default.

but thanks again for the info.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!