VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread
  1. The subtitle extraction tool SubExtractor is very easy to use, but the subtitle output file is in some custom, inexplicable format with a .bin extension!

    What the heck are we supposed to do with that? Does anyone know how to take that .bin output file to convert it to a standard subtitle file (preferably .srt format)?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date: Sep 2012
    Location: Australia
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, I must be using it wrong, Subextractor always outputs srts for me

    I think you're talking about the Map file where it stores the new OCR characters for later use. You need to save the srt file explicitly on the last screen.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hey, thanks, ndjamena!

    I'm not sure what I did wrong, but it obviously must have been some kind of "pilot error" on my part! Whatever I did wrong, I never even reached the OCR part of the process. But I tried it again after reading your response, and it's working fine now.

    So thanks again!


    Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post
    Wow, I must be using it wrong, Subextractor always outputs srts for me

    I think you're talking about the Map file where it stores the new OCR characters for later use. You need to save the srt file explicitly on the last screen.
    Quote Quote