VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,
    does anybody know some links where I can download XAVC S sample footage straight from cam? Maybe you can post a XAVC S structure by yourself if you have such a cam.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    IDK, have you checked dvinfo.net or heck!, typing in "XAVC sample footage" in Google brings up: http://www.zsyst.com/2013/06/sony4k-sample-footage/.

The main difference between the various XAVC and the various XAVC-S formats is the wrapper: MXF for pro XAVC and MP4 for consumer XAVC-S. So you could try those XAVC samples and then rewrap them with e.g. ffmpeg and try again...

Scott
    "When will the rhetorical questions end?!" - George Carlin
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I wonder why the 1080p version has a resolution of 2048 x 1080 instead of the usual 1920 x 1080? Looks like it's all "I-frames"......
    The memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of the man in his prime.......
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    2048x1080 is the Film DCI 2k spec (~equivalent to Broadcast TV FHD 1920x1080, and usually at 24fps). XAVC accommodates both.

In the current Sony implementations, the higher mode options are all I-frame (though LongGOP is allowed), but IIRC, the proxy option is always Long GOP. Remember, these are intended to be edited/editable.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 14th Jun 2014 at 19:11.
    "When will the rhetorical questions end?!" - George Carlin
    Quote Quote