VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to do Blue-Ray T.V. shows. I'm ripping each episode with BDtoavchd, output to bd25, hd audio, and using fab create a Blue-Ray. The problem I'm having is that when I Burn it, it will not play in my Blue-Ray player. Am I doing something wrong or is there a better program to use to create a Blue-Ray disc with. Please help me with this. Thanks

P.S. I'm using imgburn
    Quote Quote  
  2. Is your source commercial blu-ray discs?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes. I'm ripping the disc with anydvd as files (not iso) and ripping each episode with Bdtoavchd , the settings for that is HD audio and output file to 25gb, even though the files aren't 25gb, some may be 8gb to 10gb. I then add the files to dvdfab blue ray creator and I put 3 to 4 files to a disc. And when I burn them with imgburn they will not work in a stand alone player.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Do you get any error message from the standalone blu-ray player?
    Is it a standard blu-ray video with a BDMV folder?
    Have you tried play the bdr(w) on your computer with a software blu-ray player like tmt, powerdvd, etc?

And some blu-ray players might not support bdr(w) media.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You might could try multiAVCHD or BDRebuilder can do a simple authoring of multiple titles.
    We don't have many here that have used DVDFab's creator, it might not know how to deal with what you are doing.
    As Baldrick mentioned, try the disc with a software player to see if it will play the disc first.
    Last edited by Steve(MS); 13th Jun 2014 at 03:58. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No error message from player at all, it starts play back and the counter shows 0:00:00 and a black screen, I do single movies (rip to iso and rip main movie with fab, and burn with imgburn) and don't have a problem with play back. If I play back on the computer it will play with cyberlink. So I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if it's fab.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And I even ripped each episode with fab and did create blue and got the same results.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had the exact same problem. I was using MultiAVCHD to build the content and used Imgburn to write the disc. Playback showed an on screen menu that was navigable and the on screen thumbnails were "live." All I then got was "play" on the player readout and a countdown that started and stopped at zero. After many more burns, using different menu settings on MultiAVCHD, which I was about to give up on, I dug out an old Soniq RB 100 player. To my amazement. the disc played back perfectly ! I had been using a 3D Blu-ray player from Samsung, model BD-6900, which is much newer and a lot more expensive. I also tried another Soniq player, a 3D, later model D B500, and that worked too, but instead of a full menu with thumbnails, I got a list of file names only, but they all worked too.
    I had been trying MultiAVCHD as it supposedly lets you mix video from several sources and I have a Pana X 920, a Sony RX100 and a Pana TZ40. It successfully burned a disc with files from all three, and most importantly for me, it had the date and time imprinted on all the files !
    I have been on this site before, asking for help to do that and was variously told that it couldn't be done. I have entered this discussion because I was about to give up on MultiAVCHD as I have been trying to come to grips with it for weeks. I wonder how many have given up on it when the problem was not with the software, but the Blu-ray player being used.
    I shall be out tomorrow to buy a new Blu-ray player that can read my disc and also mts files from a USB drive. those old Soniqs have tiny remotes that are barely legible and take ages to boot up, but they have saved me from giving MutiAVCHD away. Please try another player as that may be your problem too
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i had this problem too using multiavchd with a samsung and sony bluray player(even when the source was blu ray compliant). I gave up and tried BD-Rebuilder, and no more black screen anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i face the same problem with Samsung 5500 3D bluray player... but the same discis was working with my old panasonic BD60 Player, i am using multiAVCHD too, i hope there will be a fix so i can use my new bluray player
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do these disks fail everywhere, or just on certain players? I have a Samsung BD-EM59 which refuses to play some Blu-ray disks, while my PC and my Sony both play them fine. Turns out the Samsung doesn't like LTH type disks. I switched to the HTL disks and they work everywhere for me. Could you be using LTH disks and that is the problem?
    Quote Quote  
  12. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Make sure you choose the right authoring output with multiavchd,there's an output for panasonic blu-ray players specifically.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!