+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HitTheRoad View Post
    Which Windows software ? Describe your process
    I didn't make them myself. I got them from different sources. From one of them I know they were produced using MPEG Video Wizard DVD 5.0.
    If that's what you're working with have you (or anybody) tried removing them using the editor.
    Possibly a program that can interpolate or replace into the bad section could be used -
    or the spectrum analyzer and notch filter.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's my attempt. I used transporterfans EQ. Removed the 5 glitches (the first one on the word love
    is not great, but better than it was)
    Increased the levels a little.
    Sony click and crackle remover + low frequency rumble,
    Bias Soundsoap broadband noise removal on the whole file.
    Sony noise removal on the last 20 seconds of the first song - very noisy.
    Quote Quote  
  3. @davexnet
    Pretty good. I wasn't sure at the time whether or not to leave those glitches in. I am not familiar with the kinescope technology.
    I know what it is and how it worked but, like the film it made, I was uncertain if the audio was simply poor and removing them
    might detract from the 'original' sound. If I was in a more enthusiastic mood at the time I would have removed them or tamed them a bit.

I never realized I was opening a can of worms.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by transporterfan View Post
    @davexnet
    Pretty good. I wasn't sure at the time whether or not to leave those glitches in. I am not familiar with the kinescope technology.
    I know what it is and how it worked but, like the film it made, I was uncertain if the audio was simply poor and removing them
    might detract from the 'original' sound. If I was in a more enthusiastic mood at the time I would have removed them or tamed them a bit.

I never realized I was opening a can of worms.
    Thanks for the comments - still seems debatable whether the glitches were on the DVD, or something happened regarding the rip.
    I user Sony's repair tool. Not sure what it does, I think it replaces the selected area with something nearby.

I've always enjoyed playing around with stuff like this. One of the other songs I looked at recently was the Deadwood Stage
    by Doris Day, originally from the movie Calamity Jane. There's a horrible distortion all the way through it, even from the
    CD's released by the official labels. You must assume the master of this song either came from the movie ( optical ?) track itself,
    or possibly from a 78 RPM record. I was able to isolate a peak corresponding to the worst distortion using the spectum analyzer -
    first time I successfully used it, just last week.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!