VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

With DVDFAb 8 I can convert a dual layer blu ray down to a writable dvd 9 or 5 if so desired. How in the heck do you convert a 8GB avchd .iso file to a standard definition dual layer dvd? The file size would be the same. I burnt the avchd .iso file to a dvd9 and it plays just fine on my blu ray players, but I want to be able to play this on a dvd player. I was able to convert this file down to a dvd 5, which plays on a dvd player. I'm using the same method in Fab as I did making the dvd 5 ("blu ray to dvd", dragged the avchd .iso file into Fab, select the "dvd9" dropdown option, and push "start". It seems to render, or convert, but it takes forever, then locks up. I've tried other options in Fab like "DVD Creator" (which is what Fab says to do in my case), and the largest file I can get is about 1.6gb before it locks up. I should have picked the dvd9 option first, and then made a dvd5 from that dvd.

I figured Fab would treat this as a regular blu ray disc. From My Computer, when I right-click on the drive in which the avchd disc is in, it reads it as a BD.

As a test in case Fab got corrupted, I popped in a store bought blu ray, and choose the blu ray-to dvd option, and Fab did recognize the files on the BD.

In the "blu ray to dvd option", when I drag the avchd .iso file into Fab, Fab plays the file in the little preview window, but when I try to have Fab source from the disc instead of the .iso file, nothing happens. I swear I dropped the .iso file into Fab and made the dvd5 that way, but I can't remember 100%. But I've tried both methods multiple times. Fab says to "please insert blu ray disc or choose blu ray folder/image file". Remember this same disc plays fine on my blu ray players.

Please any thoughts or help would be much appreciated. I've tried this about 30 times since the original dvd5 conversion, with no luck.

Jason
    Last edited by clashradio; 11th Jun 2014 at 23:33.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could try extract the bdmv folder from the iso with for example 7zip, isobuster ,etc. Then open the bdmv folder in dvdfab.

Or...maybe not what you are asking for.......you could also use bd rebuilder to convert to a dvd5/9,
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your response. But don't you think Fab should be able to convert this file into a mpeg2? especially since I was able to do it for the dvd5 size?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    DVDFab's conversion of Blu-ray to mpeg2/DVD is horrendous quality. I've tried it as a test. You really should use BD Rebuilder for this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't converted a Blu-ray to DVD in a few years. When I last did I used BD-Rebuilder, and from what I remember, the subtitles came out all ugly and fuzzy looking. Does anyone know if this has been fixed?
    -The Mang
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!