VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok I have tried DVDFab Copyier and Ripper, MakeMKV but I used it too many times, WinX and I can't find a ripper that will show more than one audio stream from a dvd of The Treasure Sierra Madre. I am trying to take out the commentary but it only shows on stream, Can anyone thinkof a way to do this , I am at my wits end. Thank you so much for all your help, John
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    What do you mean you've used MakeMKV too many times? Just install a new beta key: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried to install it and no good it said.that its an old copy and needed to be updated
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Then download the newest version and install again. MakeMKV is free to use for DVD ripping forever (well, for as long as it is made).
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you recommend one that allows one to take commentary out?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, if you "rip" the dvd to your hard drive, which is a 1 to 1 copy, then open in DVDShrink and it will show you all the audio tracks and you can deselect any tracks you don't want and save it with NO compression.

After that do what you want with your new complete dvd backup minus the removed tracks.
    It's not that hard that it requires 2 threads on basically the same thing.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I still use DVDDecrypter even today. You can choose which audio tracks you want to remove or keep and you can choose which chapters and video parts you want to keep or remove.

DVDShrink would be my second recommendation, that's a good one also.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Where is dvddecrypter? Is it part of DVD fan? John
    Quote Quote  
  9. Huh? dvddecrypter is a different program than dvdfab if that is what you are asking.

If you click on the word in these replies or even your own post directly above, you can look at it and download it if you like.
    Quote Quote  
  10. DVDDecrypter is its own program, its not part of another program.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Alternatively, you could activate AnyDVD and then use DVD Shrink to deselect the audio tracks you don't want.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MindController View Post
    Alternatively, you could activate AnyDVD and then use DVD Shrink to deselect the audio tracks you don't want.
    Yep, I pretty much covered that aspect

And IIRC with dvddecrypter it just shows the audio tracks, where DVDShrink will usually actually say whether it is a commentary track.
    I may use dvddecrypter to get specific tracks alone when I know exactly what each track is otherwise I rip the whole thing and dissect it
    with other programs.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!