VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does anyone know how to do this? The goal is to rip a bluray with one of its foreign-language audio tracks and subtitles (in both English and the foreign language) and turn it into something that will play conveniently on a (australian) topfield 7100HDPVRT. I've got the video and audio streams working right, and srt files for the subtitles, but don't know how to get the .srt's (or anything else that Subtitle Edit can produce from a .sub file) into the desired final result.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm moving you to our subtitle section. Because I guess you don't want to convert the video(like hardcode subtitles) but just add/multiplex the sub file to the ts stream.

Nope, I have no idea how to make dvb teletext streams and I'm not sure if any such software exists. I have only seen dvb text to srt subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It can be done thou they wont show in anything for now except ffplay

Here's a link to a post where someone was trying similar task

Good old nabble's ... got plenty of thinker's and tinkerer's

There is a commercial app available thou Im waiting on the price.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Avery Andrews View Post
    Does anyone know how to do this? The goal is to rip a bluray with one of its foreign-language audio tracks and subtitles (in both English and the foreign language) and turn it into something that will play conveniently on a (australian) topfield 7100HDPVRT. I've got the video and audio streams working right, and srt files for the subtitles, but don't know how to get the .srt's (or anything else that Subtitle Edit can produce from a .sub file) into the desired final result.
    I'm sure there is professional software that broadcasters use to add DVB teletext/subtitles, but such software is expensive. There is nothing similar available for consumers because nobody (other than you apparently) really needs to do this at home. Just get a media player to play your Blu-Ray rips with subtitles. It will be far cheaper and easier than creating DVB teletext/subtitles.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Check avalpa OpenCaster software there is described how to create DVB teletext and AFAIR subtitle (which are almost the same except different descriptor)
    There is some method to do this in ffmpeg but i will be honest - never works for me and i have no time to analyze code to understand how to pass parameters to ffmpeg.

OpenCaster
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FAB Subtitler MPEG

Finally got the demo link ... well run a few samples on the weekend ... hopefully a few samples to post then.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!