VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've bought a JVC BR-DV3000 unit off eBay in order to play the mini DV tapes I previously recorded on my JVC mini DV camcorder (GR D-90), it's now broken.

I've got the BR-DV3000 hooked up to my PC via a firewire cable and all the lights come on etc. I go into Cyberlink's PowerDirector 7 and the unit is detected and I can click the play, fast forward, rewind buttons on screen or on the unit itself and they work... except when I play it will only play for a couple seconds and then stops. I can then click play again and it will play again for a couple seconds.

I've run my camcorder's cleaner tape in the unit (1 time).

I've tried 4 different tapes, playing from different positions (Start, middle, fast forward a bit, rewind a bit) and the same thing happens - plays for a few seconds and then stops.

I've also tried pressing play when the unit it freshly turned on but not connected to any inputs/outputs (just the unit sitting there) and the play light comes on and I hear tape noise for a second and then it stops.

The one thing that is different about the unit is that it did not come with a power supply. The original socket for power at the back of the unit is very unique and I was not able to find a replacement. So, I took it to an electronics shop and they jumpered a different power supply socket into it that a normal power supply adapter would fit into. The original socket has labels that say "DC 12V 14W 1.17A". My replacement power plugin is "Output: 12V 2.5A" which I was assured would be sufficient.

So, any ideas why the unit will only play a couple seconds of tape? What do I need to do to fix it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try REW and FF the tapes completely at least 5x each 1st before playing them.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tried the RWD & FF 5X on several tapes, no luck on ay of them.

Any other ideas? Anyone?
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!