VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have created a short video that explains the various issues that I am having at the following link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H8IPVBBvKI

In Text Form these are the issues I am having.

Video: I can either get Black and White with NTSC, Colour with fuzziness and poor quality with PAL, Purple Darkness with PAL 60, or Red with poor quality using SECAM.

Audio: I am able to get the sound from my Nintendo Wii to play through my headset, however when I use the Dazzle as the audio output, whilst it picks up the sound of the Wii, people I'm talking to, Skype etc. it doesn't pick up my voice through my mic. However, if I set my Microphone as the audio output I am able to hear myself, whilst no other sound is being outputted. If there is a way of merging the dazzle sound output with the mic output that would be very helpful.

Thanks for any help in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Jackylz View Post
    I have created a short video that explains the various issues that I am having at the following link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H8IPVBBvKI

In Text Form these are the issues I am having.

Video: I can either get Black and White with NTSC, Colour with fuzziness and poor quality with PAL, Purple Darkness with PAL 60, or Red with poor quality using SECAM.

Audio: I am able to get the sound from my Nintendo Wii to play through my headset, however when I use the Dazzle as the audio output, whilst it picks up the sound of the Wii, people I'm talking to, Skype etc. it doesn't pick up my voice through my mic. However, if I set my Microphone as the audio output I am able to hear myself, whilst no other sound is being outputted. If there is a way of merging the dazzle sound output with the mic output that would be very helpful.

Thanks for any help in advance.
    You have two audio sources to record (microphone and game system output) and most capture devices and their software can only record one. The second audio source has to be recorded separately and added later using an audio editor. (No, I can't tell you how to do that.) [Edit]This may help, but you won't be recording audio via the Dazzle or its software[End Edit]

Some people apparently get them to work, but the general opinion here is that the entire Dazzle product line is junk. Find something else that has the features you want, especially support for recording commentary. The Elgato Game Capture HD and some HD capture devices from AVerMedia are supposed to have the ability to record commentary, although I don't know how well they record PAL60 or SD interlaced video. I don't have any of them and I don't record video games, so you will either have to wait for others to chime in or do your own research.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 7th Jun 2014 at 12:45.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!