VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Experiencing a really weird issue here.

Ripped blu ray to a DVD5 folder.
    Crated an iso image out of the dvd folder.

I checked the dvd folder and resulting iso on the computer and they are in sync. However,
    when I burn that iso, the resulting DVD is out of sync.

I'm on a mac, using disc utility, to an external dvd writer, to burn the DVD.

I've burned hundreds of iso's with this burner, different media and never had an issue.

I repeat the iso when I play it off the drive is in sync, but once it is burned it's out of sync by like a second.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you playing the disk on the PC or a standalone player?
    What program did you use to burn the disk?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is this a data DVD, with non-DVD-compliant video files burned to disc? Or was it a properly authored, DVD-compliant disc? Iso tells us nothing about the structure of the media that was burned to the disc.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hello, I have a question regarding iso images and burning them to dvd for playing on a standalone player.

Usually I extract the VIDEO_TS folder from the iso image and then I burn it with ImgBurn. But recently I noticed ImgBurn has an option "write image file to disc". Can I skip the extraction step with this option? Do you recommend it or is it safer to extract and the burn?

Thanks, you are awsome!
    Last edited by Cristina Borello; 7th Jun 2014 at 17:20. Reason: Spelling mistakes
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cristina Borello View Post
    Hello, I have a question regarding iso images and burning them to dvd for playing on a standalone player.

Usually I extract the VIDEO_TS folder from the iso image and then I burn it with ImgBurn. but recently I noticed ImgBurn has an optio write image file to disc. Can I skip the extraction step with this option? Do you recommend it or is it safer to extract and the burn?

Thanks, you are awsome!
    You can burn the image directly with Imgburn.
    It's actually simpler this way.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Are you playing the disk on the PC or a standalone player? PLAYING ON MAC... The resulting iso was created on a PC.

What program did you use to burn the disk? DISC UTILITY

Turns out the solution was to burn the iso from a windows PC using img burn, not sure why that works to make it in sync but it did.

This is the first time, a sync issue has happened to me from an iso and it is a little scary that an iso created that is in sync on the hard drive can become out of sync when burned. If I was making discs for a client and it was out of sync that wouldn't be good.

I typically make an iso (check the iso once), and use that as my master to burn DVD's, so I don't have to check the disc each time.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!