VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello! firs, srry my english
    I have a problem with Panasonic 3D TV pasive. This TV can not play AC3 audio by licensing issues (obviously only happens in Argentina and other third world countries )

Therefore need to rip every movie MKV-AC3 to MKV-LC-AAC. For this I use mediacoder x64 thus solving the problem but with some movies, an error appears that I can not identify, for example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	287.6 KB
ID:	25549

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	273.5 KB
ID:	25547

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	736
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	25548

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	25551

how can I know what is the error detail??
    Quote Quote  
  2. The Message pop-up window you posted normally contain the error code and a link to the error. Have you tried running MediaCoder as Administrator. I guess from the last picture it's error 19 explained here
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by videobruger View Post
    The Message pop-up window you posted normally contain the error code and a link to the error. Have you tried running MediaCoder as Administrator. I guess from the last picture it's error 19 explained here
    If I have 10 movies 7 work properly without errors.... but 3 have errors.

019 The error description is not very useful
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You could make your life a lot better by NOT using the TV to play the files and buying a media player like one of the Western Digital models. TV media players are fussy and they don't play everything, as you found out. If you had a media player, you wouldn't have to do all these stupid conversions. You could just play your files as they are with AC3 audio. Here in the USA and a lot of Europe, people actually have to do a lot of conversions to AC3 audio because their stupid TV media player can't play any other audio (except maybe MP3).
    Quote Quote  
  5. MeGUI has an audio encoding section. You can load an MKV into it and it'll convert the audio to another format. You can then use MKVMergeGUI to replace the old audio with the converted version. Or you can extract the AC3 audio from the MKV with MKVCleaver, convert it with MeGUI, and then use MKVMergeGUI to replace the old with the new.

Or MeGUI has a "one click' encoder which can be configured to re-encode the audio while simply copying the video.

I'm pretty sure Video To Video Converter will let you copy the video while only converting the audio (and it'd probably be easier to use than MeGUI). ffcoder also has a copy option for the video..... I'm pretty sure.

It probably takes my old dual core an average of 4 or 5 minutes to convert a movie's worth of multi-channel AC3 or DTS to multi-channel AAC and then another minute or four (depending on the file size) to remux it as a new MKV, so it's not a major chore. I regularly convert DTS to AAC simply to save some hard drive space, even though my TV happily plays DTS.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    MeGUI has an audio encoding section. You can load an MKV into it and it'll convert the audio to another format. You can then use MKVMergeGUI to replace the old audio with the converted version. Or you can extract the AC3 audio from the MKV with MKVCleaver, convert it with MeGUI, and then use MKVMergeGUI to replace the old with the new.

Or MeGUI has a "one click' encoder which can be configured to re-encode the audio while simply copying the video.

I'm pretty sure Video To Video Converter will let you copy the video while only converting the audio (and it'd probably be easier to use than MeGUI). ffcoder also has a copy option for the video..... I'm pretty sure.

It probably takes my old dual core an average of 4 or 5 minutes to convert a movie's worth of multi-channel AC3 or DTS to multi-channel AAC and then another minute or four (depending on the file size) to remux it as a new MKV, so it's not a major chore. I regularly convert DTS to AAC simply to save some hard drive space, even though my TV happily plays DTS.
    I thanks very much, your comments have been very helpful
    Again, thanks!!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!