VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi!

I'm using AmaRecTV for capturing my Commodore 128 8-bit computer work, videorecorder and also webcam too...

Commodore 128 has two desktops, so for one I used AmaRecTV 3.00c and for second AmaRecTV 2.31... both programs recommended users of this forum.
    Now I tested new interlaced modes and it's unusable - I'm searching for better program using deinterlacing, but my knowledge is small and all what I know I found on this forum...

So, question is simple: Exist better software than AmaRecTV? No matter if is for money.
    Nice feature can be capturing two inputs at once...

Thank you all very much!

I'm thankful to all users of this forum.

Miro
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is old now (although it is still maintained by the author), and doesn't work with some capture devices, but Virtualdub is probably the capture program that is most often recommended on this forum. I have no idea if 2 instances can be run at the same time.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    VirualDub I can't to test now... my Windows8 is corrupted
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    It is old now (although it is still maintained by the author), and doesn't work with some capture devices, but Virtualdub is probably the capture program that is most often recommended on this forum. I have no idea if 2 instances can be run at the same time.
    Well, I run up to six QTGMC AVS scripts concurrently through instances of VirtualDub to UT Video Codec intermediaries. I don't see why device captures would be much different. Syncing them may be a problem though, unless you can add a timer beneath the picture somehow.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Thank you very much. When I repair my Windows 8 I'll report results.

Miro
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    OK, I tested VirtualDub.
    I found only problems, no better, one device cannot process - really sad.
    I regenerated AmaRecTV and will use it again.

Miro
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by MIRKOSOFT View Post
    Now I tested new interlaced modes and it's unusable
    What do you mean by unusable? Are you familiar with what interlaced video should look like? Are you able to capture anything at all? If so, upload a short sample.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    OK, I do few images and attach to post later, now is here 5:15 AM
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Now I have for example two pictures:

Click image for larger version

Name:	img2.png
Views:	576
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	25631

Name:	img1.png
Views:	520
Size:	1.19 MB
ID:	25632

So, These modes AmaRecTV cannot proceed.

Miro
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Which outputs exactly are you trying to capture? The regular video output is fairly normal composite/s-video and should be easy to capture. The other output the C128 has is an RGBI port, which needs a different type of capture setup. I think that port also includes a secondary composite output, but it would be monochrome, and your captures are clearly in colour.

In any case there are very few pieces of software that use the RGBI output; it's mainly used if you run CP/M instead of the Commodore DOS.

Even if you don't consider the interlacing, your examples are quite distorted, so I don't think your capture device is syncing to the signal properly. NTSC/PAL problem perhaps?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	407
Size:	345.4 KB
ID:	25633  

Name:	2.png
Views:	436
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	25634  

Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search PM
    Commodore 128 has CVBS and RGBI output (same as CGA).
    CVBS is easy to capture by Composite video.
    RGBI - I have RGBI2S-Video converter and so it's possible by S-Video.

Yes, you're thinking: is not problem with signal conversion?
    No, no! AmaRecTV does miracles - can capture many interlaced modes what allowed before no one program.

VDC chip (uses RGBI) has in palette of resolutions from 640×200 up to 800×600.
    First problem mode was 640×400 interlaced and also 720×700 interlaced... modes 640×480i and 640×576i working correctly.
    Doesn't matter if I configure PAL or NTSC.

Miro
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, no! AmaRecTV does miracles - can capture many interlaced modes what allowed before no one program.
    But what is your capture device, are you sure it will accept non-standard modes? It's not only up to the software, necessarily.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    devices are:
    MediaTech MT-4196 USB grabber
    SilverCrest DT49045 USB grabber
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hard to find detailed specifications, but most likely they are intended for TV-type signals, so only 576i or 480i will work (and 288p and 240p usually more or less).
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    OK, it looks like you're true...

I know that it supports every non-interlaced mode less or equal 720 pixels horizontally - 800 pixels I tested not yet.
    It allows also double-interlaced mode:
    Videochip VDC8563/8568 can produce 16 colors, but they can be toggled up to 136 and interlaced in vertical resolution, e.g. 640×512 136 colors and this mode works too...

I'm going to test 800 pixels wide mode, I'll report.

Miro
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    I tested mode 800×300 non-interlaced - look at picture - works also when is resolution of capturing 720×576...

Name:	800×300×2.png
Views:	424
Size:	571.9 KB
ID:	25637

Miro
    Quote Quote  
  17. So you're using the VGA to s-video converter? The job of that device is to convert various VGA resolutions to standard 480i or 576i video. So the problem is in the converter, not the capture software. It's not producing a perfect interlaced signal so your capture device isn't syncing properly.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    Noooo, I'm using converter RGBI to S-Video.
    RGBI = true (CGA) output of Commodore 128
    S-Video - if I connect to my neovo x-22 monitor input S-Video it never displays correct image when is interlaced mode used
    When I connect S-Video to USB grabber and then use grabber in AmaRecTV interlaced modes are working perfectly except written above...

Miro
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!