VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Which colorspace does Adobe Premiere use in its internal work?
    Does it transform the original I420/IV12 videos automatically before i save them?

Thank you for your reply!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Older versions work in RGB - newer versions (CS5,CS6,CC) can work in YUV timeline if you don't apply any RGB filters
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Older versions work in RGB - newer versions (CS5,CS6,CC) can work in YUV timeline if you don't apply any RGB filters
    So the newer version is 100% able to preserve exactly the I420/IV12 colorspace in my videos, when I save them with I420/IV12 lossless codecs? So it do not transform them into an other YUV format during the internal processing before I saved them with a lossless codec?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Stears555 View Post
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    Older versions work in RGB - newer versions (CS5,CS6,CC) can work in YUV timeline if you don't apply any RGB filters
    So the newer version is 100% able to preserve exactly the I420/IV12 colorspace in my videos, when I save them with I420/IV12 lossless codecs? So it do not transform them into an other YUV format during the internal processing before I saved them with a lossless codec?
    Yes YV12/I420 - and even if you apply filters, if you apply the "YUV" labelled filters, they still stay in YUV . Subsampling stays the same, but chroma plane arrangement depends on the lossless codec (eg. there might slight differences, but decoded image is the same, differences are just how the data is stored/arranged)
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!