VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone knows of any report/article which outlines any quantitative/qualitative survey work carried out on viewer experience ?

Specifically for video-on-demand videos on the internet (i.e. Netflix, LoveFilm etc.)

I want to know if anyone has done a study on the relationship between number of video frames dropped/lost, video buffering-time vs. viewer dissatisfaction.

Many thanks
    Rosh
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Not offhand, but there are plenty of anecdotal reports. Streaming of any kind is strictly a NO GO here, despite using well-above-average hardware. Performance is just unacceptable. (If I string a 50' hardwire ethernet from the router to the TV, performance becomes decent but not great.) I have a pretty fast cable broadband. I hear similar reports from other people I know within several blocks of here, who have gone so far as to cancel their streaming services, as a waste of time and money. The problems ain't in the homes; they're in inadequate and overburdened infrastructure. The special deal between Cox and Netflix won't be of any help to me, and I'm wondering how much it will help the Cox customers.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!