VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I just used BDRebuilder to process an iso of Walter Mitty made with AnyDVDHD. I did movie only and burned it to a BD25 with Imgburn. When I play it, it plays fine up until about 2 min. left in the movie, then the video freezes but the audio continues. If you've seen the movie, the last minute is very important. When I play the iso from the hard drive, it plays to the end, no problem. I reprocessed it with the same result except it also had an audio sync problem. I then tried the iso with DVDFABHD Decryptor with the same results, freezes in the same spot. I've wasted 3 BD25 blanks. Any idea what the problem may be? Thanks.
    I love children, girl children... about 16-40
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Are those apps needing to re-encode? IOW, is your "Movie-Only" title size already less than 25GB, or does it need lowering still? If the former, it is probably a muxing error. If the latter, it has to do with the re-encoding.

BTW, anytime you start getting coasters, the first thing to do is switch to using RE discs (re-writables). Then, at least you would have only trashed ONE of them.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Bad quality blanks is one possibility. Another is that your back may be very close to completely filling up the BD25. Having playback problems at the end of a movie is a known issue if you get to close to the end of low quality media..

BD-Rebuilder has an option where you can specify the size of the output. Try making it lower than whatever it is now but be warned that sometimes BD-Rebuilder ignores what you tell it to do.

Finally, movie only backups are the most problematic with the program. Believe it or not, there is some chance that if you shrink the ENTIRE disc to BD-25 and DO NOT get rid of anything, it may produce a backup that plays without issue.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, they compress and re-encode. The size isn't an issue, both softwares compress to fit the BD25 and I've re-encode many discs that were much larger without problem. Never had coasters before so never had a need for re-writes so I don't have any. I would think it was a problem with the rip since both re-encodes with different software stop at the same spot. But the iso on my HD plays fine all the way thru.
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No, I use nothing but Verbatim BD25, there is no better bluray blank media. I've done hundreds of discs with no problems. I'll try making it a little smaller, see if that works. Though I don't think that's it. BDRB has been very reliable for me and the DVDFABHD disc had the same issue.
    W.C. Fields
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search PM
    If the movie is a multi m2ts or seemless branching type, try remuxing it with tsMuxer first into one m2ts file in a BD structure
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Ive had the same issues with other movies where it would freeze at a certain scene,re-encoding and reburning on different brand disc didn't help,playing the disc on another player worked so it could just be one of those things your player can't play.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by gonca View Post
    If the movie is a multi m2ts or seemless branching type, try remuxing it with tsMuxer first into one m2ts file in a BD structure
    That possibility occurred to me as well, and if that's it, tsMuxer should do the trick. But I would suggest running AnyDVDHD in the background and extracting main movie direct from disc with Clown_BD.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yup, that was my next thing to check...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could use BDInfo on it and check the last few .m2ts files it reports. That may be where the problem is with your program choosing the wrong .m2ts file. Then you can demux it with tsMuxeR when you find the proper combination. I've ran into similar problems with a few BD files.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!