Thread
  1. LehmannStudios Developer
    Search PM
    Quote Quote  
  2. LehmannStudios Developer
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by PeterDuke View Post
    Now to muddy the water some more!

I had been testing with AVCHD files produced with my Sony camera. I then tried testing with files from my Panasonic camera, and with these files the audio is delayed by -40ms (40 ms advance). When processed by tsMuxer, Mediainfo reported a delay of -40ms, so tsMuxer processed the audio correctly. I checked in Vegas and sure enough, the audio was in sync.

I then tried LVT, but it froze at 65% while processing the audio. It did this for both Win XP and Win 7.

Apart from other possible differences between Sony and Panasonic AVCHD, one obvious difference is that the file size is limited to 2GB for Sony (signed 32 bit address space) while it is 4 GB for Panasonic (unsigned 32 bit address space).

One nuisance of a freeze is that killing the process with task manager leaves two hidden folders and five hidden files in the source/destination folder (they were the same for me), and I had to reboot the PC before I could delete them. Being hidden, many people may not know that they are there, leading to junk accumulation.

One final point. In Win 7, I was unable to select the files in the wanted order. Whatever order I selected, and could see in the Windows copy line, once copied they ended up in alphanumeric order. I had to rename one file to get around this. When Panasonic HD Writer copies files to the PC, the files comprising a single scene all have the date and time at the start of the scene, with the second part having (1) appended and presumably (2) etc for subsequent parts. For example, Fred(1) appears before Fred in Win 7 order.
    I appreciate your testing and investigation.

I believe eac3to works on audio post-tsMuxer processing.

How large of the -40ms Panasonic test files were u using when LVT froze at 65%

With the hidden files, they should never accumulate. For example, if LVT crashed 3 or 4 times, each time the hidden files should be overwritten so that there is never accumulation (except for partially merged video files of different names, of which should not be hidden). Also if LVT were to crash and then have a successful run, all hidden files should be cleaned up. - I will add this to a list of things to look at though.

I also understand ordering files and being able to properly view all the selected files would be very useful. Just a feature I have not implemented yet.

Unfortunately at the moment 18 credit hours of school + work doesnt really leave me with time to work on this.
    As soon as i get free time i can experiment more.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I was able to get version 1.1, to work. However when I installed ver 1.2, it would hang at around 65%. It would sit at that level for hours, and never finish. I'm running 64b Windows 7 Enterprise, with service pack 1. I went back to version 1.1, and it works like a charm. I'm using to repair videos that have damaged time stamps. The easiest way I'v found. I append a 1 meg file on the end of each video. The output has fixed time stamps. Although it seems that only the first video has good sound. I tried to add several videos together, and they after the first video, the sound gets removed(in ver 1.1).

Here is a list of the .net version I have installed.
    <32Bit>
    ->C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727
    ->C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319

<64Bit>
    ->C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727
    ->C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319

< Installed .NET Frameworks >
    .NET FW 2.0 SP 2 (CLR:2.0)
    .NET FW 3.0 SP 2 (CLR:2.0)
    .NET FW 3.5 SP 1 (CLR:2.0)
    .NET FW 4.5.1 (CLR:4.0)
    Quote Quote  
  4. LehmannStudios Developer
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by yllawwally View Post
    I was able to get version 1.1, to work. However when I installed ver 1.2, it would hang at around 65%. It would sit at that level for hours, and never finish. I'm running 64b Windows 7 Enterprise, with service pack 1. I went back to version 1.1, and it works like a charm. I'm using to repair videos that have damaged time stamps. The easiest way I'v found. I append a 1 meg file on the end of each video. The output has fixed time stamps. Although it seems that only the first video has good sound. I tried to add several videos together, and they after the first video, the sound gets removed(in ver 1.1).

<32Bit>

<64Bit>

Okay i will take a look at this freezing at 65% issue.
    Quote Quote  
  5. LehmannStudios Developer
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by yllawwally View Post

<32Bit>

<64Bit>

Is there anyway you could get me the files you are using in v1.20 that cause the hanging at 65%?
    Or could you tell me the sizes of the files that are causing the issue? Its kind of hard for me to replicate without specifics.

EDIT**

I've managed to recreate the issue. Thank you.
    Last edited by mikey32230; 10th Sep 2014 at 17:28.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Unfortunately I get the following message when I try to start the program:
    (Win xp32, SP3) Of course windows doesn't say what's the problem exactly...
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	lvt.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	27411  

Quote Quote  
  7. LehmannStudios Developer
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by enterprise11 View Post
    Unfortunately I get the following message when I try to start the program:
    (Win xp32, SP3) Of course windows doesn't say what's the problem exactly...
    I'm not sure what that error says because it is not in english. If you could translate it in english i could troubleshoot.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    According to Google Translate it says:

Lehmann Video Tool has encountered a problem and needs to close.
    If you keep not saved your work, data can be potentially lost.
    Close

As the poster says, it does not say what the problem is.

Lehmann is a German name is it not?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just downloaded and tried the latest version "Beta Version 1.20 (August 2014)" on my Windows XP SP3 PC and am very happy to say that it did exactly what it says on the tin (for non-Brits: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Does_exactly_what_it_says_on_the_tin).

It trimmed one .mts file from my Sony DSC-WX350 pocket camera and joined it with another.

So thank you very much Mr Lehmann, and please keep up the good work!
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi mikey32230! i must say i found your tool amazing for me, but i see some small issues for starters or not advanced computer users, i wonder if it's possible to add few small features:

The 1st, very interesting when adding videos from modern video cameras "Add directory" on that way people can add 10s or 100s of files on a single step.
    The 2nd for people with bad memory, warn when you are trying to create a file with the same name as one existing (i have overwritten 3 times the same file) xD
    The 3rd, remember the last source directory. Maybe this can be a setting.
    And to end, maybe you can release strings or whatever you use to allow people to localize it
    Quote Quote  
  11. LehmannStudios Developer
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Aokromes View Post
    Hi mikey32230! i must say i found your tool amazing for me, but i see some small issues for starters or not advanced computer users, i wonder if it's possible to add few small features:

The 1st, very interesting when adding videos from modern video cameras "Add directory" on that way people can add 10s or 100s of files on a single step.
    The 2nd for people with bad memory, warn when you are trying to create a file with the same name as one existing (i have overwritten 3 times the same file) xD
    The 3rd, remember the last source directory. Maybe this can be a setting.
    And to end, maybe you can release strings or whatever you use to allow people to localize it
    I don't have time at the moment to update the current build because I am extremely busy with class and work, but I will be graduating this semester (finally).

In a few months though, I do plan on releasing an update to fix several stability/operational issues.
    I will certainly try to address the features you mentioned.

Can you clarify for me what you mean exactly:

1) "when adding videos from modern video cameras "Add directory" on that" I'm not sure I understand at all what you meant by this feature? Could you give me an example?

4) "release strings or whatever you use to allow people to localize it " - I'm not sure what you mean by this either?

For the other feature requests, I will definitely provide a warning for overwriting files of the same name (I was also annoyed by this myself ) and I will look into implementing a "last source directory" feature.
    Quote Quote  
  12. As for 1, i mean allow someone to add all the files inside a directory/folder instead having to select the files inside it with drag and drop (i have installed your program to one quite elder user and he don't gets quite well the concept of "drag and drop to select 100 files"
    As for 2 i mean if it's possible to release the text files of the strings to allow make the program multi-language.
    Quote Quote  
  13. LehmannStudios Developer
    Search PM
    Noted!

Thank you, I will certainly look into this.
    Quote Quote  
  14. hi

sorry for my bad english

i was use many times this software. everything is good but yesterday, software is crash and all video parts disappear i was use recovery softwares r-studio, encase, autopsy etc.. disappear. in lvt folder not found. in my videos folder not found. i look everywhere, not found. disapper. please help me. this videos very important for me
    Quote Quote  
  15. LehmannStudios Developer
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by theilkerates View Post
    hi

sorry for my bad english

i was use many times this software. everything is good but yesterday, software is crash and all video parts disappear i was use recovery softwares r-studio, encase, autopsy etc.. disappear. in lvt folder not found. in my videos folder not found. i look everywhere, not found. disapper. please help me. this videos very important for me
    I am sorry that you may have lost some data :/

First of all, LVT does not delete any data unless it overwrites a file of the same name. I can recommend trying to use recovery software like Recuva from Easeus or Recuva from Piriform

It is extremely hard (if not impossible) for me to troubleshoot this very well because I do not have access to your computer and I don't know how you have things setup or how you were using LVT.

I know it may be difficult to describe well in English but it may help if you can better describe how you were using LVT and what happened before you lost the file.
    Quote Quote  
  16. recuva is simple software. i was use pro softwares. not found all softwares (
    Quote Quote  
  17. LehmannStudios Developer
    Search PM
    recuva is simple software. i was use pro softwares. not found all softwares (
    Then I recommend using Windows Restore points to restore back to a time before you lost this video file.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Look at this. This is same proccess and 000000.MTS lost again

Please help me. What is temp file name. i know temp folder is LVT main folder but i don't found anything recovery softwares

http://youtu.be/rXhKxXojVPo
    Last edited by theilkerates; 20th Feb 2015 at 06:44.
    Quote Quote  
  19. LehmannStudios Developer
    Search PM
    Look at this. This is same proccess and 000000.MTS lost again

Please help me. What is temp file name. i know temp folder is LVT main folder but i don't found anything recovery softwares

http://youtu.be/rXhKxXojVPo
    @theilkerates,

I am sorry, about not getting back to you, I was not notified that you edited your comment with a video. I have been busy with school for the past few months, but I have finally graduated. This means I have finally had time to look at LVT, squash some more bugs, and add a few features.

Your video really helped clear up the misunderstanding I had with your problem. I thought you were saying that your actually LOST your ORIGINAL video files forever. But your video shows that you are just overwriting the .m2ts video file that you created. Basically, the solution to your problem is to NOT name your output file to the same name as a video you already have in that folder.

Now, this is good feedback and tells me that I need to provide a warning that you are about to overwrite that file because you are giving it the same name.

I am finishing up a new build, beta version 1.30 that will add a few handy features (drag & drop, etc) and help fix some of these bugs. Many of you may have moved on and found better conversion solutions, but I want to put out a more stable version in case anyone does decide to use it. Now days the Merging function can be handled by other more robust programs, but I still find the trimming feature particularly handy.

I expect to have this new build released within the next week or so. And again, I apologize for the bugs and the delay on stabilizing this program.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mikey32230 View Post
    <snip>

Many of you may have moved on and found better conversion solutions, but I want to put out a more stable version in case anyone does decide to use it. Now days the Merging function can be handled by other more robust programs, but I still find the trimming feature particularly handy.

<snip>

No, I'm still using and liking your program! After all, what else does an editor need to do apart from trim and merge. It does all I need, anyway!

Looking forward to the next version.
    Quote Quote  
  21. LehmannStudios Developer
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Phuket View Post
    <snip>

Many of you may have moved on and found better conversion solutions, but I want to put out a more stable version in case anyone does decide to use it. Now days the Merging function can be handled by other more robust programs, but I still find the trimming feature particularly handy.

<snip>

No, I'm still using and liking your program! After all, what else does an editor need to do apart from trim and merge. It does all I need, anyway!

Great! thank you.

While I'm at it, is there any features that you would like to see added?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    <snip>

<snip>

Great! thank you.

Well, since you are asking...

A bit more granularity in the trim timings would be nice. By that I mean add a decimal point to the trim timings. I have no idea how much more work that would involve for you, but sometimes I would like to trim a bit more precisely than to the nearest second, so allowing the trim times to be specified to a 1/10th of a second would be really good!

PS. Congratulations on your graduation!
    Quote Quote  
  23. LehmannStudios Developer
    Search PM
    <snip>

<snip>

Great! thank you.

A bit more granularity in the trim timings would be nice. By that I mean add a decimal point to the trim timings. I have no idea how much more work that would involve for you, but sometimes I would like to trim a bit more precisely than to the nearest second, so allowing the trim times to be specified to a 1/10th of a second would be really good!

Thank you

Allowing trim times to 1/10th (or anything other than to the seconds, for that matter) is actually extremely difficult to do in an user-friendly aesthetically pleasing way. With that said, it is something that has been on my list to add since the beginning. I have been working on a solution the last few days, and I want to add it to this next update if possible.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    <snip>

<snip>

Great! thank you.

Thank you

Allowing trim times to 1/10th (or anything other than to the seconds, for that matter) is actually extremely difficult to do in an user-friendly aesthetically pleasing way. With that said, it is something that has been on my list to add since the beginning. I have been working on a solution the last few days, and I want to add it to this next update if possible.
    Excellent news. Thanks very much.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Hi, just read thru this topic, have not tried the program yet, just need to ask if it will allow users to Combine 3.9gb spanned .MTS files that are created by many avchd cameras.

Mine does it when shooting video for more than around 22 minutes, it just records each 22 minutes as an individual 3.9gb file, which cannot be simply joined like you can individual non spanned files.

I use VideoReDo Pro as my editing software, and it is possibly the only software that i know of that allows me to seamlessly "Combine" these spanned files simply by importing the individual .MTS files from the SDXC card, if i attempt to just Join them like i do with shorter individual clips, there is a slight momentary glitch in the video at the join point.

Many Panasonic cam owners use the Panasonic HD Writer software to combine these spanned files, but they must retain the file structure on the SD card to be able to do it, i think other editing tools such as Premier and Vegas require this as well.

Anyway, i will grab a copy of your software and give it a go.

Cheers

Edit: just noticed it only supports .MTS and .M2TS source files, and without testing if it will seamlessly Combine spanned files, i will just assume it does, until i hear otherwise, as i don't have any 3.99gb spanned MTS files right now to test.
    Last edited by glenpinn; 15th Jul 2015 at 20:31.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    <snip>

<snip>

Great! thank you.

Hi Mikey! I just thought of another feature which "may" not be too difficult to add but, then, I'm not the guy doing the work!

So that is to allow cropping the video, e.g. by drawing a rectangle on the first frame of the video using the mouse and making the program crop all the frames to the same size and position.

What made me think of this was another program that I use called "Easy Gif Animator 6 Pro". It allows cropping animated Gif files by the method I just described.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!