VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I'm trying to archive a DVD compilation. I want to lossless rip the DVDs to hard drive, then lossless cut out the segments I like, then compile all the segment on to one dvd lossless.
    I heard that DVD decrypter is good for ripping.
    I heard that Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD 5.0 is for good for lossless editing and authoring.
    I've also heard that TMPGEnc Authoring Works 5 is for good for lossless editing and authoring.
    Do they both do the same thing or is one better then the other for my needs.
    Are their any good bits of software that I have not considered?

Many thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'd give my vote to TAW 5, personally I use the older TDA which is limited to editing and authoring DVD's. It works great and it fixes all the illegal crap that Sony's DVD camcorders do, note that editing is only possible on I frames. The reason I haven't upgraded is that Pegasys requires a constant internet connection for their new software and I have no desire to do that with my editing PC.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by nic2k4 View Post
    I'd give my vote to TAW 5, personally I use the older TDA which is limited to editing and authoring DVD's. It works great and it fixes all the illegal crap that Sony's DVD camcorders do, note that editing is only possible on I frames. The reason I haven't upgraded is that Pegasys requires a constant internet connection for their new software and I have no desire to do that with my editing PC.
    TAW 5 does smart rendering now. (Maybe you should have left that internet connection on to learn about the updates. ) I agree with you, BTW.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hi,
    Thanks for the reply. Why is TAW 5 better than MPEG Video Wizard DVD 5.0?
    I've heard good things about both, but I did find the trial TAW 5 very user friendly.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!