VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hi, There

I have a problem with the dimension of a movie it's SAR meant to be 1.85:1 but when I open it in AvsPmod I find it stretched
    the question here : How can I resize the picture here without inserting any resize filter? I tried to put the proper SAR in MeGUI command line box, but I got the same result, Thanks in advance.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen.png
Views:	728
Size:	646.8 KB
ID:	25445  

Quote Quote  
  2. I don't use MeGUI so someone else can help with the question you have. I'm commenting on your very peculiar script. Is there any reason you have that sequence of filters? After the TFM/TDecimate there shouldn't be any need for either QTGMC or ChangeFPS. I'm curious as to the reasons you're using them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I don't use MeGUI so someone else can help with the question you have. I'm commenting on your very peculiar script. Is there any reason you have that sequence of filters? After the TFM/TDecimate there shouldn't be any need for either QTGMC or ChangeFPS. I'm curious as to the reasons you're using them.
    Thanks for your reply . I use these filters to operate QTGMC as you pretty sure know that filter has a very good effect.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, if you really want to QTGMC telecined material that's probably the way to go about it.

And I'm pretty sure it's the DAR that's supposed to be 1.85:1 not the SAR or the PAR. I don't really know what you're saying and since I don't use MeGUI or know what AVSPMod even is, I can't be much help. If you don't want to resize then the base image will never be 1.85:1 and if the AVS in AVSPMod means what I think it does, it won't care about the DAR anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by TeNSoR View Post
    I use these filters to operate QTGMC as you pretty sure know that filter has a very good effect.
    Okay, so you're using it for its smoothing effects only, I guess. You can get the same results with one line:

QTGMC( Preset="Slow", FPSDivisor=2)

That will also bring it back down to 23.976fpsfps without needing a ChangeFPS or SelectEven line..
    Quote Quote  
  6. What's the frame rate of the original video? Maybe I'm missing something, but I've use QTGMC after the video is de-telecined, however I'd be thinking you'd normally need to run it in progressive mode if you do. At least that's what I do:

TFM().TDecimate()
    QTGMC(InputType=1)

The script in the OP seems like it'd produce an "odd" kind of output to me.

As far as MeGUI goes, there's no need to input the SAR manually (leave it set to "default' in the x264 encoder configuration). Enable anamorphic encoding when creating a script and MeGUI will add the appropriate DAR to the top, which it'll later use for setting the SAR when encoding. As an example:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.gif
Views:	631
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	25476 Click image for larger version

Name:	2.gif
Views:	585
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	25477

Selecting the "encode non mod16" anamorphic encoding method will disable resizing. It doesn't mean the video will be non-mod16, just that it can be if the source is non-mod16.
    Add the encoding job to the queue after saving the script and MeGUI will take care of the SAR.

MeGUI also has an aspect error setting hidden away in it's AVISynth Profile configuration. It only applies to MeGUI's anamorphic encoding and how much it's allowed to "fudge" the aspect ratio. It's set to 1% by default.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3.gif
Views:	566
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	25478

Of course if the original video consists of square pixels there's no need for anamorphic encoding. Just don't enable resizing if you don't want to resize. The output will have the same resolution and 1:1 pixel aspect ratio.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 2nd Jun 2014 at 02:10. Reason: spelling
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Many Thanks for this, bro "hello_hello" a very good tutorial from you, you're genius
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Is there any difference between running QTGMC in progressive mode and simply converting to YUY2 beforehand?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post
    Is there any difference between running QTGMC in progressive mode and simply converting to YUY2 beforehand?
    Maybe I'm being dumb but I'm not sure I understand the question.

I regularly use QTGMC in progressive mode for progressive video. It's good at stabilising the picture (ie old wobbly Xvid encodes) and makes a pretty good noise removal filter.

In the example script from the first post, I assumed the video would be 29.970fps with pulldown, so "TFM().TDecimate()" line would take it back to 23.976fps progressive, and then QTGMC could be run in progressive mode to "clean up" the video if need be. I've run it that way on the odd occasion when the source video hasn't been very good quality. If that's not what's happening, I'm not sure what TeNSoR is trying to do.

Mostly, I use QTGMC as a noise filter/picture stabiliser something like this (with a faster preset for HD):

QTGMC(InputType=1, Preset="slow", EzDenoise=2)

Some sample encodes from back when I first started playing around with using QTGMC in progressive mode.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/358043-A-comparison-of-AVIsynth-denoise-filters?p=2...=1#post2283228
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by TeNSoR View Post
    Many Thanks for this, bro "hello_hello" a very good tutorial from you, you're genius
    I forgot to mention..... if the source video is anamorphic, the Script Creator's video preview will still display the video "stretched" even when anamorphic encoding is enabled. It's nothing to worry about. The correct SAR will be used when encoding, or you can open the script after loading it into the video section for encoding. The preview which opens has a checkbox for displaying the preview using the correct aspect ratio.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Originally Posted by TeNSoR View Post
    I forgot to mention..... if the source video is anamorphic, the Script Creator's video preview will still display the video "stretched" even when anamorphic encoding is enabled. It's nothing to worry about. The correct SAR will be used when encoding, or you can open the script after loading it into the video section for encoding. The preview which opens has a checkbox for displaying the preview using the correct aspect ratio.
    Thanks again
    Quote Quote  
  12. Personally I don't use anamorphic encoding myself. I resize everything to square pixel dimensions instead. There's pros and cons for both methods. For me, the major anamorphic "con" is not all hardware players support anamorphic video correctly, so the encoded video will still look stretched or squished even if the correct SAR is used when encoding. If that's not an issue for you then anamorphic encoding is fine. Persoanlly if I'm re-encoding anyway, I just resize to square pixels while I'm at it (anamorphic encoding unchecked). MeGUI will calculate the aspect ratio error for you so you can resize as accurately as possible.

To resize "freely" you might want to enable the ability to resize "up". I think having it disabled by default is silly, but you can enable it in the Avisynth profile configuration (pic 3, post #6).
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sorry, another question, What's the best filter to remove these dirt and lines here:
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2014-06-02-09h41m31s199.png
Views:	403
Size:	586.1 KB
ID:	25493  

Last edited by TeNSoR; 2nd Jun 2014 at 03:47. Reason: Screen
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by TeNSoR View Post
    Sorry, another question, What's the best filter to remove these dirt and lines here:
    It's probably field-blended (every Ultra DVD I've ever seen has been) and to treat it properly you'll need an AviSynth unblender such as SRestore. But to be sure we'll need a sample, 10 seconds with steady movement.

Those vertical lines will me much harder to remove and I've never seen a good way to treat those.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
    Originally Posted by ndjamena View Post
    Maybe I'm being dumb but I'm not sure I understand the question.
    Sorry, I already knew about progressive mode although I've never used it. I didn't mention it because I wasn't sure it wasn't deliberate. If the lines are a bit off QTGMC in interlaced mode could pass as an AA filter as well, I don't know if Progressive mode would have the same effect. I'm not even sure what happens when you pass progressive YV12 content to QTGMC to be deinterlaced, but interlaced YUY2 seems safer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by TeNSoR View Post
    It's probably field-blended (every Ultra DVD I've ever seen has been) and to treat it properly you'll need an AviSynth unblender such as SRestore. But to be sure we'll need a sample, 10 seconds with steady movement.

Those vertical lines will me much harder to remove and I've never seen a good way to treat those.

Thank you for reply Here it is :
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  17. As is common for Ultra and most of the Indian DVD companies, it's field-blended from a PAL source. This does a decent job of removing most of the blends and restoring it to its original 25fps:

Yadif(Mode=1)#or your favorite bobber
    Srestore()

I have no idea how to get rid of the scratches, since many don't move much.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!