VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all,

recently I have a problem with my adobe premiere, I can encode the video either in my Adobe Premiere or export it to the media encoder, either way, the encode finishes but no application is able to play the file, no matter what I encode the result is the same. If I use the same files with the same project file on another computer using the same version of Adobe Premiere, it encodes the project without a problem, using H264 to encode, any ideas?

Cheers,
    shorto
    Quote Quote  
  2. Just noticed now that even when thou I always choose the output to be .mp4 it outputs .m4v. So I'm guessing like always the problem is apples shitty software that I installed due to a req in after effects?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Brez naslova.png
Views:	174
Size:	87.1 KB
ID:	25443
    Quote Quote  
  3. No its unfinished render of Premiere
    Premiere when its render create .aac(audio) and m4v(video) and final stage mix to MP4
    Did bad encode happens with any sequence?
    Try encode for test bars and tone on new sequence
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes it happens with any sequence, this one actually doesn't have audio in it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you encode the file on the other machine, bring it over and try to play it on this one does it play? You have an awfully big file, it may simply be a playback issue.

Also, FYI, Apple does not own adobe. Is one machine a mac and the other a pc?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes it play normally from the other machine. I know apple doesn't own Adobe, I had to install QuickTime in order to get something working in after effects, and due to wikipedias claim that m4v is an apple ext I thought it had something to do with it.

Already did a reinstall not helping :/
    Quote Quote  
  7. m4v from Adobe is actually elementary video (no container) . Not very many players or applications can handle it.

Perhaps your other computer has something installed to play elementary streams

Either mux into container, or change your export settings

And as smrpix said 4096x2304 is going to be difficult to play back smoothly on many systems
    Quote Quote  
  8. OK apparently it's my h264's problem, tried encoding the same thing with MPEG2, work with no problems, perhaps codecs?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  10. You said you tried a reinstall as roma_turok suggested earlier. It does sound like the mainconcept h.264 encoder is the issue. What version of Premiere are you using? You may want to give Adobe support a call, or an email.

You can use and install x.264 as an alternative -- though this limits you to .avi with pcm sound so you have to remux externally to get a proper .mp4.
    Last edited by smrpix; 1st Jun 2014 at 10:36.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Also you need run Adobe CS Cleaner Tool after uninstall
    to make sure uninstall don't left some bad configuration of Premiere:

Click image for larger version

Name:	CT.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	25480
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by roma_turok View Post
    Also you need run Adobe CS Cleaner Tool after uninstall
    Yes. Good catch.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!