VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm running Mac OS X 10.9.2 and using the GUI ffmpegX v0.0.9y (Lion) r2 - Aug 3, 2011.

I have a .mov video file with sound:

16-bit Integer (Little Endian), Stereo (L R), 44.100 kHz
    H.264, 720 × 486 (640 × 480), Millions

That I want to convert into a divx .avi.

ffmpegx works great for the video, but I get no sound in the resulting AVI. I have ffmpegx set to the video codec: XviD [.AVI] (ffmpeg)
    And I have it set to the audio codec "MP3".

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I would just try something else. Maybe iFFmpeg. Or some free converter like avidemux(under video choose mpeg xvid, under audio choose mp3, save as an avi) or the old handbrake 0.9.3 with avi support, https://www.videohelp.com/download/HandBrake-0.9.3-MacOSX.5_GUI_x86.dmg .

edit: And I moved you to our mac section.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 29th May 2014 at 11:18.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The issue is most likely that your .mov file has audio as stream #0.0 and video as stream #0.1. This ordering is reverse from what most video encoders do, but common for QuickTime based apps.
    ffmpegX never did very well handling that, especially for .mov files.
    If you have QuickTime Pro, you could manually reverse the streams, and the results from that would easily convert with ffmpegX.
    But upgrading to a more up-to-date version video conversion app (that has no issues with the stream order) would be advisable, e.g. previously mentioned iFFmpeg.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    fffmpegx-newuser - In the future, if you're doing it on a Mac, post it in our Mac forum. At least you put "Mac user" in your subject. We have Mac experts here who watch the forums for things sent to the Mac forum because those get a special symbol that shows up on the main website page where the most recent forum posts get listed. You got very lucky that Case read your post. Often the Mac experts here don't bother to read posts if they don't go to the Mac forum.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!