VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some footage shot on DV that has a glitch on one frame of the video, perhaps due to a dirty head or tape (a band of content from the previous frame freezes and shows on the immediate next frame). It occurs on a shot of two people walking. Is there any software that can interpolate the missing frame if I cut it out?

I used to have a piece of software that worked to great effect by recreating missing/damaged frames in a video clip, but I cannot remember what it was called. For example, I had footage of a tilt down from a wall to the floor that had two or three similarly damaged frames and after selecting the bad frames, it created new ones to fill the gap and create a smooth, glitch-free tilt. Does anyone know of any software that does this? I may remember the name if I see it.

Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It can be done for free with avisynth using various mvtools2 based functions .

There are other methods e.g. twixtor, after effects, nukex

Often the interpolation isn't "perfect", there can be various artifacts dependent on the source footage and motions vectors , but even if it does a reasonable job, it's less work for you to do in photoshop
    Quote Quote  
  3. if it's just one frame i can use pfclean for you (pro soft) better than mvtools most of the time, but ill need a good sample like 5 frames before and after the damaged frame.
    The result will be saved as bmp images sequence (so use avisynth to put everything back together)
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks, guys. Ideally I'd like to find the name of the software I used to have; I really wish I could remember what it was called!
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!