VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have some footage shot on DV that has a glitch on one frame of the video, perhaps due to a dirty head or tape (a band of content from the previous frame freezes and shows on the immediate next frame). It occurs on a shot of two people walking. Is there any software that can interpolate the missing frame if I cut it out?

I used to have a piece of software that worked to great effect by recreating missing/damaged frames in a video clip, but I cannot remember what it was called. For example, I had footage of a tilt down from a wall to the floor that had two or three similarly damaged frames and after selecting the bad frames, it created new ones to fill the gap and create a smooth, glitch-free tilt. Does anyone know of any software that does this? I may remember the name if I see it.

Thank you in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It can be done for free with avisynth using various mvtools2 based functions .

There are other methods e.g. twixtor, after effects, nukex

Often the interpolation isn't "perfect", there can be various artifacts dependent on the source footage and motions vectors , but even if it does a reasonable job, it's less work for you to do in photoshop
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if it's just one frame i can use pfclean for you (pro soft) better than mvtools most of the time, but ill need a good sample like 5 frames before and after the damaged frame.
    The result will be saved as bmp images sequence (so use avisynth to put everything back together)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks, guys. Ideally I'd like to find the name of the software I used to have; I really wish I could remember what it was called!
    Quote Quote