VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I just converted a 3 hour HD movie to DVD using convertxtodvd and that took about 8 hours on a 2.5ghz pentium. After I made the conversion and saved the files to my hard drive, I realized I spelled the plural form of the word in the title "SPYS" incorrectly. It is supposed to be SPIES. Is there a way to edit the title page without having to go through the whole encoding process again.

I don't want to leave it wrong because you know how people are -- "Can't you even spell right?"
    Last edited by johnharlin; 27th May 2014 at 21:24.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    In what way did you do the wrong spelling?Video or on a title setting.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's in the title of the control page where you start the video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try pgcedit and replace that control page with the correct title.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    In proper English, the verb form is also ONLY spelled spies. So, unless your DVD is referring to the 1974 Elliott Gould & Donald Sutherland movie, "S*P*Y*S", it is misspelled.

Depends on what you mean by "title page".

If you want to correct it:
    1. If it's in the video -> You'd have to re-edit & re-encode, then re-author & burn (might be possible to so a smart-reencode, mixed with joining, but that's a lot of work compared to a lot of time).
    2. If it's in the menu -> You'd have to re-edit the picture/background (and/or layered text), the re-author & burn.
    3. If it's in the subtitle -> Re-author and re-edit the subs, then burn.

Scott

<edit>Of course, while I was editing this, more posts came in...Sounds like a menu thing. Yes, pgcedit could do this (not the correcting of the text ON the background, but the replacing of the page/background), but depending on the OP's level of proficiency, it might be a little too complicated. If that is the case, re-author.</edit>
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you know how to use pgcedit you won't need to reauthor if it's just in the menu or in the subs,what you do is replace the parts and edit with pgcedit to update the changes.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Thank You,

Yes, it is just in the menu
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by johnharlin View Post
    Yes, it is just in the menu
    If it's a static menu and you just want to correct the spelling, my guide might prove useful. Scroll to the bottom to The Easy Way

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/254043-Guide-for-extracting-menus-for-editing-and-r...g-edited-menus
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!