VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got my brand new custom desktop in today weirdest thing i cannot get my blu ray burner to power up on my new desktop it worked fine on windows 8 before. I am having issues getting windows 7 to pick up. The dvd burner they put in lights up and i think works i haven't tested it. I been trying to get windows 7 to find my blu ray burner. Ill be running 4 hard drives and two burners one blu ray and one dvd burner. But its annoying me trying to find out why windows 7 ain't find it. It finds my hard drives all without a issue but why not the burners.

Im ruuning the same extact sata cables on the hard drives. The blu ray burner is running pci plug and same sata cord i have on my hard drives. Any ideas would be great. I'm not sure what to do. I even tried to use the same cords from dvd burner and plunging them in the blu ray burner but its not lighting up and no its not a dead burner. I don't want to talk to ibuypower just yet cause if i tell them i added all my old pc stuff in it like hard drives they may not want to help me.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What are you trying to burn with? Nero is infamous for a problem where if you add a drive AFTER you first install Nero, it won't be able to see it. You either have to remove and reinstall Nero or in the past simply upgrading the version worked. I suggest if you have not already done so that you install ImgBurn and run it to see if it can see your drive. If it can't see your drive then the problem is most likely that the drive is not connected correctly. The SATA cable may actually not be completely tight, for example. I strongly prefer SATA cables that have L shaped connectors and strongly discourage the use of those cables with straight connectors as they don't always give tight connections. Make sure that you have a power source attached to your burner too. You don't mention having done that.
    Quote Quote  
  3. change of port and connect only the blu ray player to begin.Also before booting on 7 boot on the bios to check if it's detected or not
    *** DIGITIZING VHS / ANALOG VIDEOS SINCE 2001**** GEAR: JVC HR-S7700MS, TOSHIBA V733EF AND MORE
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok ill change the port and i never burn with nero i havent in over years ago. i always burn with imgburn. The dvd burner they conected from the psu main sata plug and then i added the rest of sata plugs for psu. I have a ocz 500w could it be maybe the plugs i have wrong pluged in on the psu? I have sata plugs on the first black plug and then second one old ide plugs cause the other sata plugs was to tight could not get it to plug in back of burner. So i used one pci power plug with a sata plug at the end. Im using sata plugs with a latch into them.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok i did all the steps and ideas of anything you guys gave me and no luck i even pluged the sata plugs into the dvd burner and it works fine i wonder if the blu ray burner is dead even tho it wasn't ill find out tomorrow ill put my back of blu ray burner to see what happens and if it works ill retest the one i was using in my enclosure burners. Ill keep u guys updated on this.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I have no clear idea WTH you are doing with the power supply plugs.

Are you saying this is a PSU with modular connectors, which can be removed at the PSU, and you have used some you had left over from a previous, non-identical PSU?

There is no such thing as an "ide" power plug, there are SATA power connectors and Molex power connectors. If you have a SATA drive with SATA power connectors and a SATA power connector from the PSU is "too tight", you are doing something wrong.

Test with ONE hard drive in the box, ONE and ONLY ONE other drive in the box, that being the Blu-Ray that is problematic. Remove ALL power adapters and ALL modular plugs that did not come with the PSU currently being used. Plug BOTH drives into the same motherboard connector group. Test.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I find this whole topic a puzzle.

You say the drive lights up and think it works but then you, in my opinion lose credibility, state you have not tested it. Or did I misread you ?

BTW forgetting Nero for the moment, does Win7 see the drive ? - go to start/computer and all available drives will be shown. This is not Rocket Science.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok the psu is the ones where you can remove modular plugs. Im using the old plugs that was used to power ide burners with a adaptor at the end with a sata plugs. Ibuypower built it not me. The first sata power plug cord from sata is sort so its behide the case. My case has the hard drives in the back. The dvd burner lights up on adaptor plug and the one came with it but the blu ray burner does not up at all no respse at all. I know burner i knkw its not dead. All shows is dvd burner not both in my computer.
    Last edited by Wizard23; 28th May 2014 at 13:37.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I finally got around to look into bios and its saying port 2 not present I never got that before how do i make it present? I changed the cord yesterday and nothing.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I guess it was dead i swear it wasnt anyway i tested it outside the case and it didnt power on. Thanks for all your help.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!