VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    My friends thank you for having me on your fine place. I have a problem and looking for a solution. I am a retired professional photographer and so I lost a bit of technological developments.

The problem now
    4 years ago from a DV wedding tape using Edius 6 editing the final dvd for my client. This final DVD i call it master,
    has played only once to create using Nero 4 copies, after that I put'it in the case in my archive. I test the master and the
    copies so my client. My client and their parents watched the video for 3 years and suddenly stopped playing.
    I thought that since the multiuser broken down or filling scratches.
    But no, it was in great shape. I took my own master dvd to create new copies, but my own does not play.
    Not recognized or the dvd player or to my P.C.
    I try now a data recovery program but after 72 hours of continuous operation did not succeed.
    Did you have run into this problem, there is a solution;
    write in English with translation

Thanks George
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Try DVDDecrypter......see if it can see the contents of the disc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ALOFRON View Post
    ...but my own does not play.
    Not recognized or the dvd player or to my P.C. ...
    Just curious: what brand/model/# are these DVD-Rs (or is it DVD+R)? I'm asking because I experienced this before. After ruling everything else out, I found it was the DVD-R that I used, Princo. They play ok, until suddenly, one day, they don't. The end. Nothing, nada. Tough.
    For the nth time, with the possible exception of certain Intel processors, I don't have/ever owned anything whose name starts with "i".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sounds like typical failed media.

You can try using ISOBuster to recover the data. Depending on the disc, it may or may not work.

ALL media fails. You should keep multiple copies as backup, preferably on different media types. And as noted, media brand is very important. All of the DVD's that I've had fail, have been Memorex and other low quality brands.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    The brand is TDK DVD - R
    DVDDecrypter can't see any contents of the disc.
    I try now ISOBuster I'm at 72 hours of continuous reading and Service has reached 80%

The strange thing is that 3 of the 4 copies often plays and the 4th one time but at the same time stop playing.
    There is any case by mistake entered any type of locking time during editing or copy dvd's.
    Thanks for your answers
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    The brand is TDK DVD - R

DVDDecrypter can't see any contents of the disc.

I try now ISOBuster I'm at 72 hours of continuous reading and Service has reached 80%

The strange thing is that 3 of the 4 copies often plays and the 4th one time but at the same time stop playing.
    There is any case by mistake entered any type of locking time during editing or copy dvd's ?
    Thanks for your answers
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    TDK media was good until about 8 years ago. Since then TDK sells only poor quality media.

[Edit]Verbatim AZO media is the most widely distributed good DVD media. Avoid Verbatim's poor-quality budget products, which are not labled "AZO".

Try recovery using a different DVD drive. Some drives can read failing discs better than others.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 31st May 2014 at 11:54.
    Quote Quote  
  8. You might find ISO Puzzle to be useful. It can piece together good parts from multiple DVDs.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!