VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys.

Sometimes shows recorded on Windows Media Center have no volume when playing them back. It happens to programs on different channels. Everything was working fine for the last year or so.

I'm using a Quad DVB-T Receiver:
    >http://www.digitalnow.com.au/dvbtcards.html

I disabled the tuners in Device Manager to test them 1 by 1 with live TV. They all worked normally.

Win 7 64bit

Any ideas? Codec issue?

Thanx.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you checked so they contain audio? Try MediaInfo.
    Maybe several audio tracks and one silent?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Baldrick,

I did but from memory MediaInfo didn't list the audio for any wtv files that I used for comparison - even those that had working sound.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In my experience, MediaInfo does not list any audio information when analyzing wtv files, although it does show video characteristics and N. American closed caption details.

VLC does show audio information, if audio is present. Play the .wtv file then click Tools->Media Information and the "Codec" tab on the Media Information window.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You can try using Windows's WTV to DVR-MS conversion tool, wtvconverter. I think MediaInfo works with DVR-MS.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You can try using Windows's WTV to DVR-MS conversion tool, wtvconverter. I think MediaInfo works with DVR-MS.
    That was the first thing I tried, and it does not work.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    was working fine for the last year or so
    The first thing to do is to retune the dvb-t receivers and retest ... broadcasters do make minor changes occasionally which could be the root cause to the problem.

Next would be to install a new hard drive and retest ... small hard drive performance glitches can also trigger the problem.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!