VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. My friend is not very computer literate and I'm helping him put together a slide show or movie, I'm not sure what he wants. He has files from three people's cameras and they are all saved at different resolutions.

Most pictures have been downloaded to his PC. I plan to load the rest and leave them all at their current resolutions until it comes to creating the CD/DVD. They are currently pulling which files they want on the CD/DVD. I know their TV is HD, but they will be giving CDs to family members who may not have HD TVs.

SO, have you all found it best to created 2 sets of CDs/DVDs, one for High Def, and the other for Standard def, or just default to Standard? And since these will only be displayed on their computer or TV screens, which resolution should be used in each case? And I'm assuming save to jpg?

Thanks for your help!
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you're making standard DVDs playable on standard DVD players, then you have no choice. 720x480 will be the resolution for all.

You may want to investigate using DVDSlideshowGUI. It accepts video as well as pictures. For best quality you'll want the pictures as BMPs and not JPGs.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thank you Manono.

I just found out that what they've done in the past is take the files to Walmart and have them placed on a Photo CD. When they display them for others, it must default to slide show as they didn't know what that was. They did mention that "it" was too slow and they did not find a way to click thru the pictures.

I have to believe there is a was to click through as quickly as you want, but I've not done that myself. Is this why one would make a "movie" instead?

Is there any batch processing software (free) at can be used to turn a folder of folders of .jpg to a folder of folders of .bmp, or is that a file by file task?

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Bigten333 View Post
    Is there any batch processing software (free) at can be used to turn a folder of folders of .jpg to a folder of folders of .bmp?
    If they're already JPG, then use those and don't bother converting to BMP.
    Originally Posted by Bigten333 View Post
    Is this why one would make a "movie" instead?
    Yes, the pictures have been converted to video so you can't advance at the speed you like. But when using any slide show creator such as the one mentioned last time, you have the option to have them remain on screen as long or as short as you like. You can always 'Fast Forward' using the remote control if they're on too long. Or hit 'Pause' to study one for longer.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!